Wiring tow mirrors with turn signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chughart

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I have installed some tow mirrors that have the signal built in and my 02 Tahoe did not have signals in the mirrors from the factory. I’m trying to figure out which wires to tie into at the signal switch at the column. I know the left signal is light blue and the right is dark blue on connector A (pin 6 and 7) but I have no clue what or where connector A is.

Can anyone help me with a location or what wires to actually tie into?

Thanks in advance

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me, I would probably just run wire from the door into the front fender and tie into the turn signal light that is on the front corner.

If the corner turn signals are already converted to LED, then the flash relay was probably already installed to prevent hyper-flash. If not, you might need one.

Adding another LED for the mirror would not draw that much additional power on the corner turn signal circuit.

That is where I would tie in. The corner turn signals. I would probably not go into the dash for that connection. I would want to be sure my new lights are downstream and protected by the fuse. This is just me and what I might do. There are other ways I am sure.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stuck my positive into the positive turn signal clip that isn’t the running light positive signal. and stuck my led back in and grounded it on the hood pin those rubber things that stick up on both sides. and ran it between the panel gaps from the factory. besides tearing up my right blinker/running light harness trying to direct wire and blowing a fuse it was easy and not very ghetto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny