Wiring Issues..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellborn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i got my 99 tahoe from a auction .. it was stolen and stripped for all its audio accessories so all the wires are cut and im really not sure what to do..

Im not sure what this is right here. i just notice the speaker wire a tied to it.
attachment.php

this looks like its in good condition..
attachment.php

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be COOL ! :peace:

Attachments

• 220213-1237.jpg
    220213-1237.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 32
  • 220213-1242.jpg
    220213-1242.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 32

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
those are stock radio coonects in your hand and below except for that long gray one and at least the one above that are hvac stuff. if you have rear defroster you should have three hvac connectors total. the black plus with the red locks on them inter connects the radio unit with a seperate audio player unit. depends on your config if the seperate unit is a cassette or cd unit. black coaxial line with pin is radio antenna. as for the top picture that was someone splicing into speaker lines probably. would need better pictures to decipher color coding.

OP
OP
H

Hellborn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
those are stock radio coonects in your hand and below except for that long gray one and at least the one above that are hvac stuff. if you have rear defroster you should have three hvac connectors total. the black plus with the red locks on them inter connects the radio unit with a seperate audio player unit. depends on your config if the seperate unit is a cassette or cd unit. black coaxial line with pin is radio antenna. as for the top picture that was someone splicing into speaker lines probably. would need better pictures to decipher color coding.

for right now im just trying to hook up the stock radio. it has a cassette unit.

here is a little better picture of the wiring ( i added the paper so you can see kind of see the colors better.)
attachment.php

Also i have these cut cords coming out of my glove box area.. i have no idea what they are for.
attachment.php

im guessing this is for more add-ons or something but this is also connected to something behind the glove box.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 220213-1406.jpg
    220213-1406.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 220213-1409(001).jpg
    220213-1409(001).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 220213-1410.jpg
    220213-1410.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that first pic is staring to look like the hvac blower resistor wiring. can you track where those bundles go and get tome very clear pics of them. i can get you the diagrams you need for repairs but i need to know where those bundles end up as best as you can also need year and trim type of vehicle. i can see a bit better but could use more clarity.

OP
OP
H

Hellborn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that first pic is staring to look like the hvac blower resistor wiring. can you track where those bundles go and get tome very clear pics of them. i can get you the diagrams you need for repairs but i need to know where those bundles end up as best as you can also need year and trim type of vehicle. i can see a bit better but could use more clarity.

Thanks for the help... Its a 99 Tahoe 4 door. Ill have to get the pictures tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy