Wires for what???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had to reground my trailer wiring plug and while I was down there came across another cluster of wires. The cluster is located on the rear quarter panel on the drivers side and is not connected to anything. There is 2 green (1 light-1dark), 1 brown, 1 yellow and 1 white. All the wires seem to be connected together inside a heat shrink tube. Any ideas?? Thanks

OP
OP
J

Justinyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks where should I find the other end. I looked around the fuse box and at the fire wall but but couldn't seem to see them. Is the white a main power
Line as it is a larger wire. And I would still have to run 1 more wire from a break controller back. Is that correct

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The white is the ground. The red is typically a constant power wire and is typically mounted to one of the aux posts. Application and usage varies with needs. Blue is typically use for a brake controller line. The red and blue are typically taped up in the harness in the engine bay. If they are not there you suv might not have been provisions for it. Each. Color is specified for a specific use as shown in the diagram but age may need out the coloring in the wires insulation. So bear that in mind. And you may have to dig in the harness on the left firewall to find the red and blue wires if not already hooked up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask