Wireless charging area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make a smaller bezel for the wireless charging area on the center armrest to accommodate the larger iPhones? My iPhone 8 and my wife’s xs fit with cases but I am certain the xs max and the new iPhone 11 won’t fit based on the dimensions posted on apples website. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make a smaller bezel for the wireless charging area on the center armrest to accommodate the larger iPhones? My iPhone 8 and my wife’s xs fit with cases but I am certain the xs max and the new iPhone 11 won’t fit based on the dimensions posted on apples website. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

AMEN! I'm not sure what phone GM designed that profile for, but not mine and not yours. I don't see the harm in making it large enough to fit all phones and they've held the same dimensions throughout the current design scheme. Love the wireless charging, hate the design.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know there’s a kit for the 15-17 that changes the charging system so that it works like the 18-20’s
I went by the dealer yesterday. Kit is about 100$ and labor is 50-100$

OP
OP
Bob2C

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I knew about that. Already installed

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the area is too small. iPhone max with case won’t fit. Thank you Chevrolet. Only alternative I found is to swap for Esky center console cover with larger charging area. Then there are all sorts of color match issues with non-black. Argh.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know there’s a kit for the 15-17 that changes the charging system so that it works like the 18-20’s
I went by the dealer yesterday. Kit is about 100$ and labor is 50-100$
You can find the kit online for less than $75 and install it in less than 15 minutes.

projectman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What about the kit for a 2017 Tahoe XT to add wireless charging? My Tahoe didn't come with the option.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the kit for a 2017 Tahoe XT to add wireless charging? My Tahoe didn't come with the option.
If you can swap out the console lid, you would only need to locate power to supply the module. You will not have the indicator on your radio screen to indicate an active charge though..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts