Wireless Apple Carplay on Dynavin N7 GM2007 Pro Nav Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my refurbed unit from Dynavin installed, I was holding out for the v8 but that was not going to have an OEM look to it.

The radio has some quirks, and I am still waiting on a siriusXM tuner as the integration with the OEM tuner is less than ideal; but I thought I'd share how I was able to accomplish wireless carplay on this unit.

Okay, wireless carplay: The unit comes with an "iLink Pro" module which is the white accessory shown in the picture, this enables wired car play. This got me thinking, surely a wireless car play adapter which can present itself to the iLink Pro module will work. Wrong I was. The white module steals the needed USB power and thus starves the wireless carplay box the needed power to run it's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules. Enter the Y USB cord that you see hooked up to the power outlet below, this splits the USB cables into data and power; by powering the wireless carplay box off the 12v power port and then feeding the data side of the equation to the iLink module I am able to trick the Dynavin into accepting the wireless carplay box into thinking the phone is truly attached.

AutoSky Carplay Box: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WTTSXMQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
USB Y Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LLMKJF?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Now, I just need to figure out how to make the console 12v power a keyed power outlet.

I asked Dynavin what the media USB port will deliver from power; it delivers a standard 500mw and will come on with the radio, which should in theory get rid of my issue that the 12v outlets are always on.

I have also ordered a power isolator to attach to the iLink dongle which will ensure power is not looped through the Y even though in theory it has it's own isolation.

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just barely started diving down this rabbit hole and found this. Thanks for posting this and the links to the products!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts