Wireless car play setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibbynd

Reaction score
I go through connection then get this error message. So I restart my phone, get a pop up this time to connect via WiFi and enabl but still ends in same error. Anyone else have this problem?

1B4CE39E-ABA4-4090-8782-5A2422773599.png C3BA6E4D-FE6A-42AC-9AB4-CB6F3D0E67F0.png 3766FD1A-A1D3-4A57-B37F-78696ECB65FE.jpg

Reaction score
It's been a few months since I did my setup, but this does look familiar. I believe that after I made sure my Wi-Fi was enabled, I just went into Settings - General - CarPlay and tapped "Chevrolet" and made sure CarPlay was enabled there and everything worked.

OP
OP
G

Gibbynd

Reaction score
Wifi just enabled? My wifi hotspot on the car isn't working either. i have all that enbabled when I go into settings. I've deleted and added, but not luck.

OP
OP
G

Gibbynd

Reaction score
It won’t let me add any additional phones either. Maybe software needs to be flashed

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
delete the phone from your vehicle, then delete the car from your phone, then just plug in the usb cable. provided the software is all current this will then automatically setup carplay, after you have agreed to all the things it ask's and it is running via the usb cable, then you can unplug the cable, shut the car off, open the drivers door, shut the door. then restart the vehicle and it should then auto-connect without the cable.

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What phone and software version do you have? During initial setup it does require Bluetooth to be enabled and to search for Chevrolet (or your make).

OP
OP
G

Gibbynd

Reaction score
I will try just the usb. I have an iPhone XS running 14.3. Weird thing is my hotspot is not active, nor can i add additional phones to the car. Seems like a software glitch. CarPlay runs fine hardwired. Everything else is great.

jna97

Reaction score
After an IOS 14.4 update on my iphone 11 pro my CarPlay won’t connect wirelessly or via apple USB cable. Tried everything....

Reaction score
I have an IPhone 11 (not the Pro) and I did the update yesterday too, so I just went to check to see if mine works and everything is working fine. Checked wireless charging, music, phone, Google Maps, all is fine.