Wiper Fluid Gone Bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning my wife goes out to take our granddaughter to school and from the Yukon texts me asking if we have any wiper fluid. I open the garage and grab a half full bottle of Peak Summer blend off the shelf and start pouring it in. A big black gob came out! I stopped immediately and looked into the bottle and saw more large black gelatinous globs floating at the bottom! It's like one of those lava lamps! "Never have I ever..." What is this? I told her not to use it and I'll try to suck it out with my little HF transfer pump. I really don't want to pull that reservoir in the rain. It's no fun. Anyone ever seen this before?

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I called it alien spores and told my wife and grandson they HAD to come see it. My grandson was saying "It's not going to latch onto my face is it?" I totally believe it's plant spores mutating into mold. I pumped the reservoir and I believe I got the nasty stuff out. Looks like about the same sized glurp that went in came out. I then put distilled water in it and pumped that twice. Ran the pump dry on the last rinse. Laying under the tank with a LED flashlight on the side of the tank showed me the shadowy areas I needed to direct my suction pick up tube to. Then ran to local ACE Hardware and bought a gallon of Rain Ex washer fluid to at least have something in it. Reading the label on the Rain Ex it says "Contains Surfactants" That's what I spray on my weeds! I'm about to start making my own washer fluid! What a morning!20230503_112706.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic