Winning a tune. Thank you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
"As a thank you to all of our Veterans today, we will randomly select one Veteran in the comments below and give away a free custom tune!
To all the brave men and women who selflessly served this great country, we want to say thank you and Happy Veterans Day!
God Bless America!
* The winner will receive a free Traditional tune from us, and has to pay to ship the PCM or ECM TCM in for us to tune."

Since I won the free tune, I hope the PM you said you would be in touch with me about the tune with, will explain everything in detail. Give me an older rig and I am all over it but the "tune" still mystifies me a little bit. I assumed I had to drive there but the explanation states differently. Again, give me instructions like I am a newb because I am to all this. I assume I have some options to pick from? Any help from members here would be appreciated.

Are you saying I have to remove my ECM/PCM and send in to BBP for the tune and my rig is at that point dead in the water till I receive back and reinstall the ECM/PCM?

Last edited:

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"As a thank you to all of our Veterans today, we will randomly select one Veteran in the comments below and give away a free custom tune!
To all the brave men and women who selflessly served this great country, we want to say thank you and Happy Veterans Day!
God Bless America!
* The winner will receive a free Traditional tune from us, and has to pay to ship the PCM or ECM TCM in for us to tune."

Since I won the free tune, I hope the PM you said you would be in touch with me about the tune with, will explain everything in detail. Give me an older rig and I am all over it but the "tune" still mystifies me a little bit. I assumed I had to drive there but the explanation states differently. Again, give me instructions like I am a newb because I am to all this. I assume I have some options to pick from? Any help from members here would be appreciated.

Are you saying I have to remove my ECM/PCM and send in to BBP for the tune and my rig is at that point dead in the water till I receive back and reinstall the ECM/PCM?
I sent you a PM with all the info

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just checked and see no new PM. Maybe there is a delay. I will check later. I just need answers to my questions about the tune and sending the ECM/PCM. Thanks.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked and see no new PM. Maybe there is a delay. I will check later. I just need answers to my questions about the tune and sending the ECM/PCM. Thanks.
I sent it to you. "
This is what I sent you yesterday.

"Thanks again for participating. You won a free Traditional tune with us. I would ask you what years you served and and all that but I see it in your signature line on the forum. Whenever you are ready to get the tune just let us know and we will send you everything to get started. You would have to mail in your PCM and we will tune it and send back."

Give me a call as well and I can answer any questions you have. 877-809-4070

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Shannon, at Black Bear Performance, and all is arranged for my traditional tune. Will be pulling my ECM/PCM tomorrow and shipping to them and he said would be priority and a 24 hour turn around and then I get to see what happens with my Z71. Can't hardly wait to do this and report back the differences.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pulled the ECM/PCM this morning and have sent it off to Blackbear Performance. My two calls to them and talks with Shannon have been great and very informative. I took a pic of the tracking number receipt, from USPS, and sent it to Shannon via email. I am all set to reinstall upon ECM/PCM return and report back here. I did not get crazy with what I wanted. Timing worked out. My American Legion friend is having me sell his 2021 Wrangler Sport, with 6721 miles on it, and I can drive it when I need to till sold or my rig is running again.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Checked USPS Tracking. My computer arrived at the BBP front desk just before noon yesterday. At this point, I expect that I will get computer back on Friday, because of Thanksgiving. I have a feeling, it will be blowing rain outside when I am reinstalling the computer. My Fox Weather calls for rain most of day today, less than 10% chance of rain on Wednesday and Thursday and then 97% chance of rain in afternoon on Friday, and my mail comes in afternoon. Thankfully the job of reinstall should be about 10-15 minutes at most. Plus, always prepared for rain this time of year. Have a big canopy out there for cover.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, got the computer back. Tried to set back in the enclosure/box and fought in the cold and rain. It popped out easily and now is not setting back in easily. Gonna get back at it tomorrow morning in the light. Am I missing something? Seemed very easy to reverse the removal when I took it out. The harness plug in still looks easy as crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC