Winning a tune. Thank you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, got the computer back. Tried to set back in the enclosure/box and fought in the cold and rain. It popped out easily and now is not setting back in easily. Gonna get back at it tomorrow morning in the light. Am I missing something? Seemed very easy to reverse the removal when I took it out. The harness plug in still looks easy as crap.
pretty sure you have to hold the clips open a bit to get it back in until it snaps into the holder

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ron, if you have your computer handy would you see what the GM part number is on it? I may pull one next time I go to UPull and I'm wondering about compatibility. Think mine has a green and a blue connector, IIRC. I'll check my part number before I go, though. Just curious.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The harness plug ins are not gonna be a problem. It is the computer body that is fighting me. I know it just needs me to hold my tongue just right and click, it is in. I really did expect this. It is never just a quick reversal of the removal on these things. Frick 'o frack bull hockey.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, got the computer back. Tried to set back in the enclosure/box and fought in the cold and rain. It popped out easily and now is not setting back in easily. Gonna get back at it tomorrow morning in the light. Am I missing something? Seemed very easy to reverse the removal when I took it out. The harness plug in still looks easy as crap.
Hope it goes better today.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Back in and running like a top with literally gobs of power off the line. In the daylight I popped it right in and the harness connections went right in and tightened down and the cover went right on, like it had eyes. Started right up and let warm up for 5 minutes. Drove it like I normally do and man......the response when I stomp on it, is 10 times better than before. It accelerates immediately instead of the lag like I had before. It really woke up the exhaust sound. Horsepower from a stop is just wow. The transmission shifts are firmer and will get used to that. The best I can say is that, my engine and transmission woke up....

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I want to give thanks to all the people at BBP and especially Shannon for walking me thru everything, what I should expect from the tune and just being there when I had ANY questions. I fought last night in the dark on the reinstall but by the light of day, it was a piece of cake, literally. It is like having a new rig. Best of all is the "having my back" that Shannon helped with and the Veteran's Day drawing they held for the free tune. That thanks from them will be shared at my VFW and American Legion. So, thanks BBP for having "My 6".

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
we arent lying when we tell people who want a little more umph, just to get a tune :deal:
Yea, the R&R of the computer is easy, in the light of day, the fees to ship are cheap, you fill out a work sheet that does explain what to expect and then just drive. That was the traditional tune and I would bet anything more is just as easy. Dont have to get dirty and the benefits are immediate. The only thing I can say is, make sure the engine and transmission is up to s*n*u*f*f*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17