Windshield wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always had bad luck with windshield wipers. The stock always worked great right up until the wore out. Really it was the rubber that got worn.

Every vehicle that I have ever replaced the wipers on, the new wipers never seemed to work well. They either shuddered, or left streaks with an uneven wipe, or just didn’t seem centered right.

Long story short, I need to replace mine on the Yukon Denali and I don’t want to screw around.

What fits right and works better than stock. Wipers are something that I will pay a premium for because In the rain or a dirty windshield or the snow... it’s what let’s you see.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I bought the PIAA Super Silicone Windshield wipers roughly 3 months ago and have been really happy with them. They Perform really well, don't leave streaks, don't make any noise, and they only took like 5 minutes to install.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always had bad luck with windshield wipers. The stock always worked great right up until the wore out. Really it was the rubber that got worn.

Every vehicle that I have ever replaced the wipers on, the new wipers never seemed to work well. They either shuddered, or left streaks with an uneven wipe, or just didn’t seem centered right.

Long story short, I need to replace mine on the Yukon Denali and I don’t want to screw around.

What fits right and works better than stock. Wipers are something that I will pay a premium for because In the rain or a dirty windshield or the snow... it’s what let’s you see.

Do you use Rain-X on the glass? This causes blades to chatter.

I like the stock blades, one set lasted 2 years which is great for Florida, last set barely a year. Always liked the Anco blades, used to sell a ton of them, put some 31-22s on mine recently and they are fine. Also moved away from Rain-X, bought Windex Bug Cleaner which stinks and just bought GMs Optikleen to run next. I saved my OE blades to put refills in.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t use rain x for the chatter reason.

So you’re saying just oem slide in replacements?

My dealer has Bosch and trico I think. I’ll have to look to see where oem blades are and the pn.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t use rain x for the chatter reason.

So you’re saying just oem slide in replacements?

My dealer has Bosch and trico I think. I’ll have to look to see where oem blades are and the pn.

Yeah, any of those options. I think the Tricos were pretty good, same for Bosch. Walmart used to sell Anco and they always worked well on our cars.

I saved my GM OE and when the Anco blades wear out, will get refills for the originals and try them again. Visually, there's hardly any difference and now that I think about, I think I can get refills for the Ancos as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used the bosch icon for several years, last year I bought the autozone equivalent, they seemed to work just as well, However I like to change mine every fall, funny I was just shopping around the cheapest I could find the icons was just under $40 for the set, poked around on rockauto, boy they have some deals I went with the Trico Force which appear to be pretty similar to the Bosch, only $7 each, bought 2 set's one for each truck. good deal got 2 sets shipped for what I would have paid for 1 set of icons.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run either Bosch Icons or Trico on my vehicles. I also swap them out every fall and spring.

I found Rain-X brand is junk.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Bosch Icons on all of my vehicles for the past few years. They work well for me, and I change them about every year and a half, or when I see the first streaks on the windshield that cleaning the blade itself does not resolve.

I'm probably going to adopt the routine that wjburken has, and simply change them out every year, versus waiting for them to fail.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bosch has so many type of wipers. With nary a way to distinguish between them lol.

Icons seem to be a repeated name though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts