Windshield Wiper Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbensteel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey. I've got a 99 Tahoe LT and the wipers work sometimes and sometimes they don't. When they don't run I can hear a buzzing noise. They will eventually kick on and start working, but it's the rainy season and I'm trying to get this fixed, I don't want to be driving and they stop working in a rain storm. I have read on the forum that people have replaced the "Wiper Module" or "Wiper Control Board" and the problem goes away. All I can find in the parts catalogs online is a "Wiper Motor Pulse Board" and I'm wondering if this is the right part, or the part they are referring to here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19265

Thanks,
Ben

badadatude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same problem with mine when I first bought it. Yes it's the same thing (circuit board, pulse board, etc) Its in the wiper motor itself. There was a problem for a few years with a solder joint going bad. If you take the cover off of the motor and look where the electrical plug is connected that's the board to replace. Easy fix to do yourself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tozer