Windshield washer pump STILL leaking ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck ? I removed the washer bottle. I replaced 'carefully' the washer pumps. But it's leaking.. still.
Now, what ????? Even the water housing is pretty new ! ( 2005 Yukon XL )

Do I just silicone around the rubber seals????

Last edited:
OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the rubber ages, it shrinks. Had this happen once on another car, pump came with new rubber 0-ring/grommet and the leaking stopped.
everything is brand new. ( I am considering using that electrical stuff, a tube of " liquid rubber', or maybe silicone ?

Last edited:

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go and get some....... ( so weird, it's leaking )
Is it possible a sharp edge is cutting the new runner grommets??? They are literally not holding any pressure back. Possible the mounting surface is somehow warped causing the pump to sit at an agle?? Just throwing ideas at you.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting prepared to dig in, fold away the inner wheel well, and inspect the drip ( tight quarters )... to see where it is leaking. Try to drop the reservoir enough to turn it, to see, if possible. I did get some clear RTV, if I need to pile it around the seal & pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts