Windshield tint-who's got it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
hey chris I just looked on a website and CA tint law says that there are NO medical exemptions allowed which is why you probably got that one dick cop to say something

I can't wait to get my windshield tinted

it feels so weird having no tint on my front windows right now.. NO privacy

but it will soon be 5% on the front 2, 35% on the windshield with a 4" 5% strip

how bad do cracks have to be on your windshield for you not to get your windshield tinted? I've got 2 stars but they are tiny

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey chris I just looked on a website and CA tint law says that there are NO medical exemptions allowed which is why you probably got that one dick cop to say something

I can't wait to get my windshield tinted

it feels so weird having no tint on my front windows right now.. NO privacy

but it will soon be 5% on the front 2, 35% on the windshield with a 4" 5% strip

how bad do cracks have to be on your windshield for you not to get your windshield tinted? I've got 2 stars but they are tiny

I just got my windshield done in 50% about a week ago and I had 3 stars in mine and they told me they couldn't tint it because when they put the heat gun on it they might spread.
So I got the windshield replaced then got it tinted, I haven't had a chance to get any pics yet but so far i'm happy with it but I might go back and have a 5% brow put on.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was gonna do 50%. can you still see out of it ok? pics when you can!

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score

you need to sit in my truck when you can. Before i get pulled over and get 10890432 tickets. Once i get pulled over for it once im just gonna pull it all off.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my windshield done in 50% about a week ago and I had 3 stars in mine and they told me they couldn't tint it because when they put the heat gun on it they might spread.
So I got the windshield replaced then got it tinted, I haven't had a chance to get any pics yet but so far i'm happy with it but I might go back and have a 5% brow put on.

theres no real reason to use a heat gun on the windsheild

the only reason they use a heat gun for tint
is so u can roll ur windows down and not ruin the tint befor it has time to dry

so u should be fine kasey!

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It looks like nothings there looking out, but looking in you can notice it with all the other windows closed. I'll try to get some pics before this weekend is over.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50% isnt that bad man i need to re tint my shit
i just hate being hassled by the po po

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
trick, do you have it on your windshield? from the looks of your pic you dont

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
got 35% with a 5 inch strip of 5% across the top today

first thing I said before he even started was "what about these stars"
he said he shouldn't be tinting the window because of what NJ04HOE was talking about with it splitting more

I used some autozone windshield repair crap last summer to fill it in some and they haven't got any bigger since I owned the truck so I felt confident it wouldn't crack

my tint guy is the best! he said he's done it before on other peoples windshields but its a big liability if he does crack it so he just wanted to clear his ass

35% is not that bad at night I can see clearly with no trouble at all
my 5% strip though shows me that I'm glad I stuck with 35 because 5 you can't even read street signs

Mattjr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i work at a truck acc shop in GA and if someone wants there windshield tinted its usually 40%, i know my buddy did his whole windshield instead of a sun strip b/c the cops see the sunstrip coming towards them and is more likely for them to check your windows out as they drive by....but the cops in my county love giving window tint tickets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo