Windshield tint-who's got it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kms_dude

Reaction score
anyone in indiana know of any drs to get an exempt form. i kept getting my balls busted each day when i drove my truck to school. i guess the cops hate it when they have their tint legal and you have 5%

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
It's my truck and I don't give a shit about the cops pulling me over. I have 20% on the winDshield and 5% everywhere else. It is hella dark even in the daytime. I'm so used to it and no one can see me while I'm driving. Since the tint is illegal in ny if less then 70% why sell ur self short in getting 35% when u can go much darker for the same ticket. My Hids help for the most part. I don't ever have to wear shades while driving lol. Most of the time my PBA card saves me anyway. Tint or equipment tix are the easy to beat in ny anyway. I just affix my inspection and reg. stickers with scotch tape.

Last edited:

scott99zx6r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got 50% w/ a 8" 5% brow, 20% on the side 2 and 5% over the factory on the rest. Looks killer. Not too bad at night w/ the HID's. Keeps the truck cooler too. Need to post some new pics of the truck too.

Attachments

• IMG_5044.jpg
    IMG_5044.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5048.jpg
    IMG_5048.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5047.jpg
    IMG_5047.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
in PA you cant put any tint on that reads lower than 70%(on any window). i got 5% all around my truck with about a 12" brow on the windshield. it pays to have a friend with an inspection license to sign off on all those tint warnings they hand out around my way.

sully

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my exemption in TX, my doc wrote a prescrition for window tint and a letter explaining that i get light sensitive migraines.

35% on the windshield of my F150 with 20% on the doors and 5% on the back. Get pulled over about once a month and show the officer the letter from the DPS office stating that I am exempt and he/she lets me go.

When I get the windshield replaced on the hoe I will put 50% on it cause the 35% is hard to see thru on country roads at night that don't have any street lights.

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my kon is 5% all the way around and over the factory a 5% 8 inc brow rest of the windshield not done yet and my civic is the same way inspection station told me it was the cop problem to worry about tint he didnt care

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
anyone in indiana know of any drs to get an exempt form. i kept getting my balls busted each day when i drove my truck to school. i guess the cops hate it when they have their tint legal and you have 5%

I know there's an exemption, and I'm pretty sure an eye doctor is where you need to go.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used to have mine tinted 5% it was a little much
bb.jpg
wind.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

i have a dr note
and it some times works
if the cops not a dick he will be like ok and let u go
he can still write u a ticket and then u have to go to court and fight it
happend me to 2 times

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779