2022 Tahoe LT - Front Tint match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

everytrueson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I recently got a Black 2022 Tahoe LT. Working on a few chrome delete mods but first thing is getting front driver/passenger window tinted. Here in Missouri we have a 35% limit, but never had issues going below ha. I just want to match it as closely as possible to factory tint, I am seeing a few different things online between 15-25%? Anyone have knowledge on best look to match the factory?

Thank you in advance!

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! Historically, the rear glass on these meter at ~18%, so 20% on the front matches fairly close. Some 15% may look good also, it depends on the hue of the tint, some are gray, others darker. Keep in mind, that there is no heat/UV protection on the rear factory smoked glass if that is what you are after. I prefer to apply ceramic on all windows to assist with heat/privacy. Good luck!

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tinted the fronts at 15% and it's a perfect match IMO. The rears are close to 20% like others have said, but 15% up front matches better due to the light coming though the front windshield. 20% front looks good too, but will look a little lighter than the rear.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I did 25% front, 25% on the windshield and 25% for the sunroof. Perfect blend as they all appear to be the same darkness.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tinted the fronts to match on my last couple of vehicles even though in Michigan it's illegal to have tint on the front windows.

Having a dark interior makes it seem darker inside, it makes up for any variation between front and factory tint.

TRAVASS317

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a full black out. All the chrome is wrapped. I did 15% on driver/passenger. I did 35% and ceramic on the windshield. Turned out perfect.1000001899.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019