Windows frozen shut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's damn cold up here in NY and I have that common problem of the side windows being frozen shut. Does anybody have any tricks to get them open fast or to prevent the problem from occurring at all?

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm spray de-icer
prestone_deicer-400x268.jpg

and or lube the channels

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Crank the defrost every time you're in the car to minimize internal moisture. Even crack a window while driving to ventilate. Don't wash your truck if it's -20.

Never tried a de-icer, though it may work or at least help. I just run the heat full blast a lot in the winter to keep things dried out. It doesn't take long for human moisture to build up to a freezable level.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score

What're you laughing at, eh?

I completely froze myself out of my car once by washing it when it was like -35. I went to McDonald's right after and ate, came back out and could not for the life of me open my freakin' door....eventually I beat it open, but man, that's no fun.

Not as bad as this guy, though:
276918420-24114551.jpg

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vinegar, mix 3 parts vinegar, 1 part water. Do windows night before. why? Vinegar has acetic acid, which riases melting point of water.
Frozen door locks, use the hand sanitizer, put some on key and key hole...contains alcohol. Same stuff that's in de0-cers, but cheaper :D

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks I don't recommend hitting the windown down switch while it is frozen. I don't about these trucks setup but on a thunderbird I had I hit the switch and the rail came down and the window stayed up in place. I was a jolly person that day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable