window trim removal for tint installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im giving my shot at a pre-cut window tint kit i got and cant find anything on how to remove the window trim for the rear and front panels. any help would be greatly appreciated. i got all of my door panels off to keep water problems down and taped up

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im giving my shot at a pre-cut window tint kit i got and cant find anything on how to remove the window trim for the rear and front panels. any help would be greatly appreciated. i got all of my door panels off to keep water problems down and taped up
If you’re talking about the big side panels in the rear they’re just held on with clips except the 1 screw on each side that go through that round black piece. First pull any pieces that overlap those parts, they all just come off by pulling. There’s clips that snap in place. Just start prying on them and the parts will come off, just be careful and don’t overdo it. There’s no real secrets that I can think of.

J Mac

Reaction score
You don't need to remove any trim to put the tint on. If you're not familiar with installing tint, check out some online videos...they help a lot! One to really look for is the doors...the trick is to roll the windows down a bit to expose the top of the glass. Remove tint backing from the top but leave it attached at the bottom few inches. This prevents the glued portion of the tint from touching the door panel and picking up dirt. Get the tint done at the top, roll window up and continue with rest of window. One of the keys is to keep the window and the back of the tint wet wet wet. Water and dish soap in a spray bottle. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos

Latest posts