window help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick

Reaction score
does anyone know if the window regulators from the rear doors are the same on the front. my front ones went and cant afford $100 a peice right now but want my fronts working more than my rears. any help is much appreciated

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure but my guess is yes.

The fronts going out at the same time? Might not be the motors?

B

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

Reaction score
driver side started to go first then the pass followed. ive checked fuses and all that. the driver window still goes up and down but while doing so it clicks and stops and i have to help it with my hand. and the pass side doesnt move at all but i do hear a noise when i hit the button, also pass side falls down constantly, i actually removed door panel and put clamps on the guides so the window doesnt fall

ID_Escalade

Reaction score
the rear window regulator are not the same as the front and the rear ones are harder to find. i just replaced my driver rear and couldn't find a new one so i bought a driver front and it is different and wont fit, i had to get a used one from a junk yard. i did find a guy online that will rebuild your old one for like 65 or 75 i think not to sure on the price but pretty close, hope that helped

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

look for front ones at a junk yard

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

Reaction score
how hard are they to take out and re install? it looks pretty hard as the door doesnt just unbolt and open up(would be nice). If its to hard itll prolly be easier to buy new ones and install rather than rip ones out from the wrecker. thanks for the help

ID_Escalade

Reaction score
The hardest part of removing and reinstalling them is removing the door panel some junk yard have them already taken off or at least the one where i got mine did.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
The hardest part of removing and reinstalling them is removing the door panel some junk yard have them already taken off or at least the one where i got mine did.

Take your time and find all the screws and they are easy to remove :imo:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the rear regulators are very different from the fronts an are quite a bit more expensive IIRC.

OP
OP
Rick

Rick

Reaction score
i found a place online that has both fronts. $48 a side including motor. and free shipping to u.s. and canada. i think parts train... anyone deal with them? are they reliable? honor warranty/faulty parts?

havanajoe26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to replace out my rear driver side window regulator on my 2001 Yukon XL Denali. It got stuck leaving about a 6 inch opening. Have any of you seen a DIY write up on how to do this exactly? Luckily I found a place near my house in socal that has em for $112. Ive seen them any where from $250-300 everywhere else. Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigchad1