Will they fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheKid_eric

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So guys i've got a 2002 tahoe and i've got to get new tires. everything is stock with the suspension no lift, leveling, or lowering kit. i run 265/75/16 but i wanna get some 285/75/16 will they fit without me having to do anything?

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285's on stock wheels, should be able to clear without doing anything. If they rub at all, you can simply turn the stock keys, lift the front end up to level with the rear. Measure the fender heights after driving it around the block, adjust as necessary to get the left and right side as equal as you can, and as close to the same as the rear. You may be close to maxing them out (at about 1 1/2"), but you won't have any problems anywhere with clearance. Some say that 305/70's will also fit (about 3/4" wider than the 285's).

Then get an alignment. Your tires will thank you.

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire is about 1.18" taller which really means that you need to worry about .59" of extra height. That's not that much. On my lowered PPV I'd think I even have enough room for that much more tire.

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did rub on the same truck pretty bad actually. Bfg ko2s. On the back they hit the liner over big bumps, pretty easy to trim and fix. In the front, it hit the plastic trim below the bumper occasionally when backing up at half steering angle. Trimmed that at an angle and it looks great. Still rubs on the front left fender liner when backing up, but not too bad.

lkrasner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People run that size all the time without a lift and don't have issues.
Just saying, that's what I heard too, and I've definitely had some rub, I think the ko2s are a tad bigger than most tires at that listed size.

dak244

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Given they equal about the exact same size, I take it running a 285/70/17 would be OK on a stock 06 Yukon as well, right? (stock rims)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77