will not start after fuel pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dust1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1993 Yukon I bought from a buddy it wouldn't start so we replaced the fuel pump and it ran for a couple days, yesterday at a red light it died on me and wouldn't start back up. Here is what I've done, verified pump is running by listening to it running by turning key to on position, I checked the fuel pump fuse and relay just to be safe too. I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the IAC valve but it still won't start, i Know its not a battery or starter issue, I haven't done a pressure test onto the fuel rail because I don't have the tools, any idea what else I should check?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More likely: fuel pump failed..was it a cheapo or high dollar/oem replacement? Did you replace the whole sending unit assembly? Did you verify the sender was working properly and it isnt just out of fuel?
Less likely: Ignition component failed and you now have no spark. Timing would just be coincidence.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93 that should be a tbi isnt it? of so pull the air cleanee off the tbi and have someone watch the tb as you try to start it. the tbi unit has 2 injectors on it that NEED to be sealed or it wont spray right and wont start. also there are 2 filter screens that sit right under the injectors chance those can have build up. lastly the plugs that go into those injectors tend to get very brittle and can pop off.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can also "test" your fuel pump just for dexterity by disconnecting the fuel filter and turn the key on and see how much it spits out if anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094