Wifi connectivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPMAG

Reaction score
Has anyone run into issues getting the vehicle to allow devices to connect?

After 40 min of trying the Onstar rep had to make a note to have it reviewed. She was no better than trying to get remote help from anyone these days.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to
Has anyone run into issues getting the vehicle to allow devices to connect?

After 40 min of trying the Onstar rep had to make a note to have it reviewed. She was no better than trying to get remote help from anyone these days.
I had to call I star and have them enable the setting.

OP
OP
J

JPMAG

Reaction score
I had to

I had to call I star and have them enable the setting.

That didn't take. On my end in the vehicle or remotely. Now they have no idea what to do.
I'm going to follow up with the service department tomorrow.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to call Onstar multiple times to have them fix the issue on mine. It would not allow me to turn on the hotspot. I would get an error message saying I needed to purchase a data plan. At the time I had 3 gig left so it was wrong. They had it fixed in a few days.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to call Onstar multiple times to have them fix the issue on mine. It would not allow me to turn on the hotspot. I would get an error message saying I needed to purchase a data plan. At the time I had 3 gig left so it was wrong. They had it fixed in a few days.

When it's working, how's the connectivity and speed?

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My speed has been better compared to my 16 Yukon as my kids are not complaining. The wifi in that vehicle barely worked.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it's working, how's the connectivity and speed?

It appeared to be just as fast as our home wifi or carrier network ( Sprint). Our 3gig /1 month promo just ran out so when I activate another data package for a vacation road trip I will do an actual speed test on a few devices to see what it is putting out.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to contact Onstar again for mine as well. Apparently they reset everything and it started working.
Haven't checked actual speeds, but Netflix and YouTube have been working great with no complaints from kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts