Wife's whip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmcdrwww

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

First post for me. Just had our first child 7 weeks ago and sold our Audi and picked up a 16' Yukon SLT.
( This is my third GM vehicle I've owned. )

audi (2).jpg

I absolutely despise anything sitting stock in my driveway so I am looking forward to getting started on this build immediately. Just briefly reading up and picking through topics that interest me I've listed the first set of modifications for stage 1 below.

As always.. I am learning and open to suggestions, recommendations and experiences with products/vendors.

yukon (2).jpg

Black Bear tuning -
Throttle body spacer -
CAI -
Cat back exhaust - ( In the air between Corsa/Magnaflow - will be modifying the exit to be hidden out of sight.)
Grille insert -
Lighting upgrades. ( Undecided on pulling trigger on Morimoto.. $1,600 is a hard pill to swallow for some Headlights/Fogs. Open to suggestions. These stock halogens MUST go )
Hotchkis Sway bar
2/4 Drop w/ helper bags ( It's between McGaughys/Norcal )
22x9.5" +30mm offset wrapped in Nitto NT420V 285/40R22

I am pretty confident in my list ( so far... ) and will be shopping the best prices this month and pulling the trigger before it gets to hot in AZ and I don't want to work in my driveway.

I wrench on my own stuff.. I enjoy the process and building what I envision.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Tyler!!

Congratulations on your first child!! Excellent choice getting the 16 Yukon SLT. You got the perfect color.

OP
OP
tmcdrwww

tmcdrwww

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its my intention to build a badass & capable street machine for my lady ( and me on the weekends) to compliment my truck.

2016 LML 3500 w/50k miles.

6" procomp w/Fox
ATX201's w/37" Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
CAT conversion Oil filter
CAT conversion fuel filter
Full delete & 4" turbo back straight pipe from Magnaflow to 8" dump.
EZLYNK with SOTF tuning currently tuned @ 550HP
FASS95 Lift pump ( CAT conversion )
Amp steps
B&W fifth wheel
Airlift 5K bags
5 gallon Onboard Air w/ Trainhorns.
Baja designs lighting
5% all around - 35% windsheild w/ 5% strip

Soon to be Compound turbos and high flow bundle from Wehrli Custom Fab.
Truck (2).jpg

both (2).jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its my intention to build a badass & capable street machine for my lady ( and me on the weekends) to compliment my truck.

2016 LML 3500 w/50k miles.

6" procomp w/Fox
ATX201's w/37" Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
CAT conversion Oil filter
CAT conversion fuel filter
Full delete & 4" turbo back straight pipe from Magnaflow to 8" dump.
EZLYNK with SOTF tuning currently tuned @ 550HP
FASS95 Lift pump ( CAT conversion )
Amp steps
B&W fifth wheel
Airlift 5K bags
5 gallon Onboard Air w/ Trainhorns.
Baja designs lighting
5% all around - 35% windsheild w/ 5% strip

Soon to be Compound turbos and high flow bundle from Wehrli Custom Fab.
View attachment 274344

View attachment 274345

Love your LML 3500!

Out of curiosity what is the vehicle in the garage behind the Yukon! Looks like a 50 something Chevrolet.

Your Audi still looks mint. Hopefully the dealer gave you a good trade in price.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from central Florida and nice looking rig. Let the fun begin with modding.

OP
OP
tmcdrwww

tmcdrwww

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love your LML 3500!

Out of curiosity what is the vehicle in the garage behind the Yukon! Looks like a 50 something Chevrolet.

Your Audi still looks mint. Hopefully the dealer gave you a good trade in price.

Thanks!

The dealership gave me what I asked for based on KBB. I could asked for more via private sale but at the end of the day I did not want to bother with tire kickers and long turn over time.

The truck in the garage is my late Grandfathers 58' Apache. A full frame off resto.. She is a big window, step side, SBC & 3 on the tree. She is a real fun ride and turns a lot of heads.

betsy (2).jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Great looking rides and love the Apache. My dad had one, same year but blue. As a kid I could not wait to go for rides with him in that Apache and the dog in the back.

Please more pics as you do the modding and go to the "Under Construction" section of the Photo Gallery section of the forums and start a build thread.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

And, welcome on the arrival of your child!!

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali Grille
Corsa Touring exhaust
Black mirror caps
Wrap chrome trim black
Bb Tuning
Amp power steps
Brembos

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

First post for me. Just had our first child 7 weeks ago and sold our Audi and picked up a 16' Yukon SLT.
( This is my third GM vehicle I've owned. )

View attachment 274340

I absolutely despise anything sitting stock in my driveway so I am looking forward to getting started on this build immediately. Just briefly reading up and picking through topics that interest me I've listed the first set of modifications for stage 1 below.

As always.. I am learning and open to suggestions, recommendations and experiences with products/vendors.

View attachment 274341

Black Bear tuning -
Throttle body spacer -
CAI -
Cat back exhaust - ( In the air between Corsa/Magnaflow - will be modifying the exit to be hidden out of sight.)
Grille insert -
Lighting upgrades. ( Undecided on pulling trigger on Morimoto.. $1,600 is a hard pill to swallow for some Headlights/Fogs. Open to suggestions. These stock halogens MUST go )
Hotchkis Sway bar
2/4 Drop w/ helper bags ( It's between McGaughys/Norcal )
22x9.5" +30mm offset wrapped in Nitto NT420V 285/40R22

I am pretty confident in my list ( so far... ) and will be shopping the best prices this month and pulling the trigger before it gets to hot in AZ and I don't want to work in my driveway.

I wrench on my own stuff.. I enjoy the process and building what I envision.
Don't forget about the brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic