Why PPV / SSV vs civilian released models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are not purchasing for law enforcement purposes...why would you want one of these models vs a civilian model? What am I missing here?

SavageDad

Reaction score
A big giant U in sUv.
Late reply but what do you mean? The more basic/utilitarian materials and electronics used on the interior or are there other benefits? We bought a Z71 last year and I like the skid plates and such, but as somebody who actually likes to go out and get stuck now and then it's a little too Escalade like for me.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late reply but what do you mean? The more basic/utilitarian materials and electronics used on the interior or are there other benefits? We bought a Z71 last year and I like the skid plates and such, but as somebody who actually likes to go out and get stuck now and then it's a little too Escalade like for me.
I’ve used a PPV for overlanding for several years. It’s really nice to have the rubber flooring and not worry too much about dirty shoes when hopping in.

Dropfire93x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Based on a few reads....MSRP on PPV is ~46k. Based on that, I assume that is why.
MSRP is now around $50,000 for the PPV 4WD and around $46,000 for the PPV 2WD. The actual cost is much lower from a State Contract dealer.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the 4x4 version now longer called an SSV?

Dropfire93x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the 4x4 version now longer called an SSV?
The PPV comes in both 2WD and 4WD. The SSV model is still around but it’s 4WD drive only. They both share many of the same features and options, with the main exception being the PPV‘s 9C1 (pursuit related features) package.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011