why is the back still higher??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine has a slight rake, but works for me.

alot of vehicles are designed to look best with a rake...so when one lowers them to where they are exactly level on a tape measure, they appear to lean back all ghetto or cali lean style. gross. the same thing happens on the tundra boards where people lift the fronts to level them out and then it looks like its got a fat chick in the bed. lowering is OK just keep a slight rake to it so it doesnt look goofy.

Mine currently has that stock GM rake :puke: I look forward to the day of lowering it 2" to level it a bit more. That rear end definitely looks way too high right now!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alot of vehicles are designed to look best with a rake...so when one lowers them to where they are exactly level on a tape measure, they appear to lean back all ghetto or cali lean style. gross. the same thing happens on the tundra boards where people lift the fronts to level them out and then it looks like its got a fat chick in the bed. lowering is OK just keep a slight rake to it so it doesnt look goofy.

This is the answer. On these bodies, the door handles are staggered (the rear door handle is higher than the front handle) and mostly level to the ground in stock form. If you drop the rear so that it's perfectly level with the front, the door handles (not to mention the side molding, if you still have it) will make the truck look like it's leaning backward. This is also further compounded by an Esky roof rack, if you have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts