Why do people keep offering to buy this 95 base model Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Toha Naf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
YukonGTmaster - Grandpa was in the airforce but long retired when he bought his. Perhaps he did request a military spec (If an individual could order one).

Tollkeeper - Thanks for the input. What you say is kind of along the lines of what I was suspecting. I'll get on the anti-theft detail right away. Great point.

As I have said we are not considering selling. My position is why sell and then tackle the hassle of replacing it when we can stay right where we are, owning a great and desirable vehicle with sentimental value. Thanks Grandpa!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YukonGTmaster - Grandpa was in the airforce but long retired when he bought his. Perhaps he did request a military spec (If an individual could order one).

Tollkeeper - Thanks for the input. What you say is kind of along the lines of what I was suspecting. I'll get on the anti-theft detail right away. Great point.

As I have said we are not considering selling. My position is why sell and then tackle the hassle of replacing it when we can stay right where we are, owning a great and desirable vehicle with sentimental value. Thanks Grandpa!
If you use Apple for your phone, you could always drop one of those Apple AirTags (I think thats what its called) on it until you get a security measure in place.

I had been shopping for one of those for years.. But the price has always been kinda crazy on them, especially in the spec I was looking for.

Surprisingly.. Oregon is rated the 5th worst state per capita for vehicle theft...

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd keep it for sure. You won't be able to replace the quality for the money you would get. Those were a great year. I had a 95 tahoe and I loved the simplicity of it compared to the new stuff. Run it and enjoy it!

OP
OP
T

Toha Naf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The non-stacked, single headlights are hard to find on a Tahoe. I had only seen headlights like ours on Blazers until YukonGTmaster posted the military spec. it's like the single headlights are the rarest feature.

OP
OP
T

Toha Naf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about the window sticker? I am uncomfortable sharing the VIN (below the red line at the bottom) so I cropped it out. The only other info that was cropped out with the VIN is that the final assembly was in Janesville Wisconsin.

Attachments

• Tahoe Sticker.jpg
    Tahoe Sticker.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
T

Toha Naf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In addition to the window sticker posted above we found this retail order form. Notice below the printed line "total down payment" is a hand written note that refers to a Suburban and a Blazer with some dollar figures. Can anyone explain what this meant? Was Granpa considering those two other choices, or (I think unlikely) was this Tahoe built with Suburban and Blazer features?

Attachments

• Taho retail order.jpg
    Taho retail order.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26