Why do people keep offering to buy this 95 base model Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toha Naf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 95 Tahoe that my wife inherited from her grandfather who ordered it new with the bare minumum trim. We have had several strangers knock on the door to offer to buy it. So my question to the community is - is there something about this example that makes it more desirable than other Tahoes? If so, is there a nickname, phrase or key words used among fans to refer to what makes it more desirable (if at all)? If there is an aspect of this Tahoe that makes it more desirable I would like to search for realized prices. Or is it that Tahoes in general that are this old and in this condition will motivate strangers to make unsolicited offers? Thanks in advance! - Don.

Attachments

• tahoe fromt.jpg
    tahoe fromt.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 32
  • tahoe back.jpg
    tahoe back.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, that looks like a military spec 2 door. Green tint on the side windows, steel wheels, non-composite head lights, hitch at the front.....Maybe someone can run the VIN #

OP
OP
T

Toha Naf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes it is a 4X4 and it's at 80,000 miles. Maybe they are looking through the window to see that. Yeah we are not looking to sell at all. The front hitch came with the tow package her Grandpa got. The only upgrade as he was going to use it to tow his fishing boat. The last guy was up to a $10,000 cash offer and my wife looked like she was interested. I told the guy the only thing we could take from him that day was his phone number. When we were alone I explained to my wife that the last place we want to be is the current car market because we would just be looking for a replacement as she drives the Tahoe daily even though we have two other cars. Plus you never trust the person making the offer to be honest about market value. Thanks for the replies!!

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an owner of a 2 door, I would say keep it in the Family. Maybe you could post the VIN, and someone could decode it for you, so that you have some background and talking points about the vehicle. To me, it looks like a CUCV Military Spec vehicle. Like this...462E8199-2795-4678-A8EE-BD0D40194746.jpeg

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are selling for HUGE money, especially with low miles...

If I were your wife.. Nothing less than 15k. Look at those listings. There is one with 3 times the miles, not as good of shape, and the asking price is more than that offer.

Put some sort of anti-theft system on it, with GPS tracking, or remove the battery when you park.. They are also extremely easy to steal! And they are shopping you to gauge the ease of theft. If you havent yet... Get stated value insurance on it..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission