Whos using Wilwood 16" brakes with 20" OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know if OEM 20" wheels will clear Willwood 16" front brakes. So did anyone try them and will they clear. I know on willwood website it says 20" wheels will clear but not all wheels are tha same. Thanks

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 16” Wilwoods up front but with OEM 22”. As you have already stated not every 20” rim is the same. It may help if you post up the 20” wheels you are going to be running; OEM or aftermarket post up their info width, offset, etc. This may help dial in the answer and input you’re looking for.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since i want to install Willwood 16" brake kit uo front i have to switch my winter setup from 17" blizzaks to 20" blizzaks. I want use OEM 07-14 or 15-20 Tahoe or Yukon wheels. Nothing fancy, what ever i find localy

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post #24 in this thread here by @Page1 are the GM Brembo front brake upgrade with OEM 20" wheels:

Tried googling around to see if I could get the model # of those GM rims and all I could find were images. Seems the most consistent model number is GM 5699 20" wheels.

But I believe this eBay listing there is for the same rims @Page1 is running with the GM Brembo brakes:

I realize they're the GM Brembo and not Wilwoods, but the overall caliper shape/design is similar. I'm fairly confident if this 20" wheel would work with the GM Brembo brakes they'd work with the Wilwoods as well. You'll want to stay more towards the 20" wheels with flat spoke faces, no concave. See how on this particular wheel the spokes don't angle towards the hub, they're flat to the entire face of the wheel. Then the center cap is recessed and the lug holes are deeper due to the spokes being flat faced. Hope my description is making sense here? That's what you're looking for in a 20" wheel to fit over the Wilwood 16" Front BBK.

Last edited:

GONMAD510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't figure out why the Brembo kit is around $2000 more per axle. Only difference I see in most of the kits is Brembo comes with new brake lines. Does not explain the price difference though.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i did research brembo but whan i saw how much are they, i turn around

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my kit from the guys at accesspeed; https://www.accesspeed.com/11650/3/...tted-lines-fluid-2007-2018-gm-1500-truck.html

Very helpful and nice group of guys, always responsive on emails and questions. One of the owners at the time had a '17 Yukon XL with this brake kit installed and did a lot of towing with his boat/toys and was able to provide a lot of first hand experience on the brake set up before I purchased.

Front & Rear kit, with Wilwood SS brake lines, and Wilwood brake fluid all in shipped for <$4K.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't figure out why the Brembo kit is around $2000 more per axle. Only difference I see in most of the kits is Brembo comes with new brake lines. Does not explain the price difference though.
Wilwoods come with new stainless brake hoses too, at least the kit I bought came with them. I’m running 22” reps and they clear but that’s no help to @Slow5.0 so I took a pic to show you how much room they have. They come within just about exactly 1” from the top and bottom of the caliper to the wheel so it would be real close depending on the wheel imo. I think they offer a template on their website iirc.
Excuse the dirt, it rained today.image.jpgimage.jpg

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found these 20" from 07-14 Tahoe cheep. Like i said i need these wheels just for winter. Ill be installing Bridgestone Blizzaks on these 20"

00N0N_cRnEdazfzIBz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9