whos layin body?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ur2nvs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I understand exactly what he's saying. They did a stock floor, with out removing the body. Pretty common way of doing it on OBS trucks.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. But that is a terrible, ghetto way to get it done. Even if it boxed. Just a stupid idea IMO. Hope they didn't do that to alot of trucks.

How tall is the actual frame is what I want to know. I cant even grasb someone really thinking of doing that.

Lifted youre looking at the wrong part of the problem.. IF there are vehicles that can be dropped like this just by trimming the frame and boxing it in then its not unsafe or ghetto at all.. its damn near perfect.. and i wish we all could do it.

BUT the issue is if there are vehicles you can do this on the list is SHOOOOORT

because the bottom of the frame has crossmembers and racks and all kindsa shit.. fact is.. the frame isnt the lowest part on almost ANY vehicle..

hell even if you took the tires , wheels , crossmember , rearend and transmission out of a c10.. it still wouldnt ACTUALLY sit on its frame rails..

same with an s10.. and a NBS yukon

we are talking a crowded ass area..

THEN .. even if it COULD sit on frame rails without removing all that.. once you cut off an extra 2 inches.. not only do you run into more shit.. but now running proper mounts might not even be possible..

or if you were laying frame already.. would you be on the oil oil tranny pan? would 2 more inches lay you on it?

The easy answer to this is lift the motor and tranny 2 inches.. but thats its own set of work..

and THEN what about steering racks and controls?

SO its not the trimming the frame thats dumb.. it would be dope as **** if it were that easy.. its just .. not..

And if there are some trucks it WILL work on .. then more power to the geniuses doing $5000 body drops for $1000

mmrcustoms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just finished mine
photo.php

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

photo.php

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

add me on facebook rob robolicious melendez

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5513973&l=1d53fa625f&id=525786172

tumminellon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just got done mine ...took the rubber out of the body mounts then trimmed what ever hung below doors. IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0055.jpg

2lnblktop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This method sounds like a simple idea and looks goos on that hoe but it kinda concerns me.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

just finished mine
photo.php

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

photo.php

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

add me on facebook rob robolicious melendez

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at
03:03 AM ----------

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5513973&l=1d53fa625f&id=525786172

Did you bd yours the same as they are talkin by loosin the bushings and trimming the bottom of the frame?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts