White Interior update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernDuke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a thought and you build your ride your way. Have you thought about some black seat belts to make your white seats look more white? I see that you have the grey dash and it matches the seat belts but a little black wouldn’t hurt in my opinion. What your doing looks awesome. Keep it up. Your ride may inspire someone else to do something cool.

OP
OP
Karlus

Karlus

Reaction score
What white paint did you use for the leather and the plastic?
I used duplicolor vinyl paint. Black and white. You gotta prep the heck out of the plastic for it to stick, but it works great with just cleaning and grey Scotchbrite pads for rubber (like the doors) and leather. Just soaks right in.

OP
OP
Karlus

Karlus

Reaction score
Just a thought and you build your ride your way. Have you thought about some black seat belts to make your white seats look more white? I see that you have the grey dash and it matches the seat belts but a little black wouldn’t hurt in my opinion. What your doing looks awesome. Keep it up. Your ride may inspire someone else to do something cool.
Funny you mention. Those are actually the blackest ones I could find and they came out of a Hummer H2. I couldnt find actual black belts that also worked with the airbags (yep, the 2003s have seatbelt pre-tensioners that fire with the airbag.) I didnt want to spray them black because I was worried about it rubbing off on the white. So I had to cut the Delphi pretensioner out of the passenger seat and resew it into the H2 seat belt. The mechanism that allows the belt to go inside of the chair is the same. It was a bear getting those bolts to come out after 17 years of rust and blue loctite, but I did it.

I also have a black dash skin that I used and the dark charcoal is really close in color.

Believe me, I looked for black, but this was it.

I do have actual black belts for the passenger rows as they dont have sensors or come up thru the seats.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a site I found in passing -- I'm not even sure what I was looking for! -- that offered colored seatbelts for 2003-2006. Black was one of the colors offered. So you might Google, if you are still interested in a black seatbelt.

alex s

Reaction score
Wow, very clean and looks great. Though I could never have a white interior, it would get dirty if I just looked at it.

OP
OP
Karlus

Karlus

Reaction score
Wow, very clean and looks great. Though I could never have a white interior, it would get dirty if I just looked at it.
We have the Lincoln Navi that has the white interior. I kinda wanted to demonstrate to my wife we could get close with an older vehicle.

Honestly, I think it will get dirty, but we keep it clean with the leather wipes....and you can just pull the seats and respray if necessary.

alex s

Reaction score
We have the Lincoln Navi that has the white interior. I kinda wanted to demonstrate to my wife we could get close with an older vehicle.

Honestly, I think it will get dirty, but we keep it clean with the leather wipes....and you can just pull the seats and respray if necessary.
True enough. I used to have a Lincoln Town Car that had a white leather interior. I always kept baby wipes in the car, and used them almost daily to wipe down the seats and armrests to avoid getting filthy. Yours looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic