White Frost vs Summit White?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yahtzee

Reaction score
I really like the pearl look, minus the yellow tint that most cars seem to have gravitated towards. IMO, the 2015 White Diamond Tricoat just looks yellow, especially on plastic components...

Any input on these exterior colors? I was only considering Summit White until I saw the White Frost (just haven't see the WF in person yet).

Thanks.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last truck was a 2010 Ford SCREW F150 w the white tricoat (pearl) paint and I always got complements on it and how good the white looked w that little bit of pearl - really sets it off vs a summit white.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would advise you to go look at the new Iridescent Pearl Tricoat for 2016, it looks amazing! All the benefits of the White Diamond but more of a brighter white without the yellow-ish tint.

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
I would advise you to go look at the new Iridescent Pearl Tricoat for 2016, it looks amazing! All the benefits of the White Diamond but more of a brighter white without the yellow-ish tint.

That's exactly what I want. I went to Summit White because I kept seeing the yellowing getting more pronounced. This seems to be more of a solid white with some nice depth to it. Shouldn't be too difficult to match for rock chips, etc.

tweak48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's exactly what I want. I went to Summit White because I kept seeing the yellowing getting more pronounced. This seems to be more of a solid white with some nice depth to it. Shouldn't be too difficult to match for rock chips, etc.

I've got a Summit White LT sitting at order code 1100. I can tell you that the Summit White on my 2005 Z-71 Tahoe still looks very good after 10 years and 95k miles.

I'm sure that the Iridescent Pearl looks great, but I'm just too cheap to kick in an extra thousand for paint.

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
I've got a Summit White LT sitting at order code 1100. I can tell you that the Summit White on my 2005 Z-71 Tahoe still looks very good after 10 years and 95k miles.

I'm sure that the Iridescent Pearl looks great, but I'm just too cheap to kick in an extra thousand for paint.

Yep....I love the the solid white. Since I am leasing I am not sure it makes much sense to pay another $20-$25/month for paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts