Summit or Tri Coat Frost White (in my situation)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great! Did you black out your tails too?

Idolan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here is the breakdown

Matte Black - lower front grill - to match side steps

White Vinyl - lower door molding, door handles, and large center piece on rear hatch

Gloss Black Paint - Grill and fog light housings

Gloss Black Vinyl - Roof rails, front grill surround, all chrome around windows

Badges - Black kit and Illuminated front emblem from GM accessories

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the breakdown

Matte Black - lower front grill - to match side steps

White Vinyl - lower door molding, door handles, and large center piece on rear hatch

Gloss Black Paint - Grill and fog light housings

Gloss Black Vinyl - Roof rails, front grill surround, all chrome around windows

Badges - Black kit and Illuminated front emblem from GM accessories
NICE!

Now we just need more pics haaaaaaa

Idolan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got it back

Attachments

• PXL_20220303_031501476~2.jpg
    PXL_20220303_031501476~2.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 24

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll throw my comments in to make things extra confusing for you given most are leaning to Summit White lol. I just purchased a 2022 Denali with Tri-Coat white. I actually think Black would go really well with it. I fully intend on slapping black/machined face GM wheels on it at some stage but also am very happy with the silver stock 22's. I expected it to be much more "creamy" in person but it still has a nice white appearance and doesn't come off very creamy, at least to me it doesn't (in the eye of the beholder I guess).

The one thing I always wondered about the Summit White, it is the only color GM does not charge for. Is that because it is the standard base coat for all colors and rather than adding another coat of paint, they just clear over it? I don't know the answer, but the metallic white definitely has a really nice rich appearance that I think would be complemented well with a set of black/machined face wheels. If I went with black wheels I would probably have the window trim wrapped in black and leave the rest of the silver accents.

Just my .02.
I don't think they base coat w/ white...because on the Chevrolet Side, basically same color offerings, the only upcharge options are the Cherry Red Tintcoat and Iridescent Pearl Tri-Coat. This has to just be a marketing thing to extract a little more cash for the GMC Premium Branding.

That Said, I have owned 2 Summit White Tahoes and 2 Summit White Suburbans, along w/ a White Diamond Suburban. This time went Satin Steele to match my boat...but the Summit White was hard to resist...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snackcake01