Which shocks should I get????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2008 yukon denali xl, and i need to replace both of my front shocks.. I want to try to keep a really smooth ride, I can't deal with it being "toor firm". which shocks should I choose? Ac delco? Monroe sensatracs?? or...? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello? echo, echo echo.. lol

awray

Reaction score
I took my 07 to the dealer for what I hoped was a bad wheel bearing. Turned out the shock was bad. With the part number, I shopped around and found that Rock Auto.com has ACDELCO for about 60% of the dealer's price. Below is the part number. I paid about $265 + $12 in shipping.

ACDELCO 580373 (580-373) Shock Absorber

Rides like stock....since its a stock replacement.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! But, i already found that same exact shock on amazon.com for $175.oo I was basically just wondering if monroe senatrac shocks offered a slightly better "ride" than stock ones do.. Plus the monroes are half the price!

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Actually just ordered the ac delcos, I didn't want to take a chance with monroes. although i do hear good things about the sensa-tracs. Both came out to $380 with shipping included..