Which is the most reliable year 01, 02, 03, 04, 05?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. You mentioned about motors and (LS series) I have also seen LT, and Z71...has the LS proved to be more dependable?
The LT, LS and Z71 are trim packages--interior and suspension upgrades. They all have the LS motor tho. They come in either 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0 designations. They're basically all the same externally. Great, great motors. Very dependable. Don't get me wrong, things do go wrong, but on the whole, a great, reliable motor.

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
Great to know.....I am guessing the 6.0 uses more gas than the 5.3 and 4.8? I saw GMC Denali's with 6.0 Iron block (whatever that is..lol)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently driving a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse which doesn't make me feel safe at all...and after having two vehicles in the same day just suddenly pull out in front of me (old people in Florida) I want to change vehicles.

Tamarac?

If you are in South Florida or the Orlando area, I would look outside those areas as the vehicles tend to be better cared for and less apt to have been wrecked, damaged and or rebuilt. Not saying that a nice truck cannot be found but it will be more difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff and the prices will be higher in the big city areas.

There are folks on here from all over the state that could help I'm sure.

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
Port Orange, near Daytona..........and you are exactly right!!! most of the vehicles I am shown have accident reports and stuff not quite right. It's just about finding the little wheat in the haystack...lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Tahoe between model years 2001 to 2005. I like the Z71 model and yesterday I sat in a 2003 Tahoe for the first time. I couldn't believe the weight of the driver door...it was built like a tank and that is what I am looking for - The thought of being in any kind of accident scares me especially if my little boy is in the vehicle. I am currently driving a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse which doesn't make me feel safe at all...and after having two vehicles in the same day just suddenly pull out in front of me (old people in Florida) I want to change vehicles.
I know nothing about cars but understand that with older vehicles comes higher mileage and the expected fixes which is fine. Anyway, after reading different articles online about some vehicle models or production years being better than others I wanted to ask is there a model/year from 2001 - 2005 that is better than the other with regards to known electrical or engine problems?

It appears that the guys are all over this for you. Remember that 00 and 06 are in this group as well. Skip on the 00 as it was the first year of the platform. The 01-2 are going to be essentially the same truck. The biggest changes happened in 03. 03-04 are essentially the same. Some minor changes /additions for 05-06. These are the cream of the crop in my book. Hydroboost brakes, full stability systems, flex fuel, and usually a little lower mileage because they're newer.

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
James, wow...that was so sweet of you to do that, thank you!
I can't believe how helpful you all of you have been.
Yes Wes, I agree but it looks too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog