Which is the most reliable year 01, 02, 03, 04, 05?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James, wow...that was so sweet of you to do that, thank you!
I can't believe how helpful you all of you have been.
Yes Wes, I agree but it looks too long.
yes it is a XL, but you might be pleasantly surprised these things drive like or better than a car and the turn radius is fantastic, you can flip a ***** with ease.....and you get extra room

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pleasure ma'am. Yes, the XL is 20 inches longer but I don't even notice it. My wife and daughter were intimidated by its size at first but now they whip around town in my truck like it's a sports car, always tanking the gas mileage and bringing it back empty because they like the sound of the engine as they accelerate!

Wes, you should see some of the ones I didn't provide a link to! LOL

If Denise takes this purchase to the Lord in prayer, He'll provide the perfect vehicle. And the rest of us who are the prayin' type should do so as well.

skeeter0352

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 5.3 that I bought new. It is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. My advice would be to avoid the longer wheel base XL or Suburban due to bus like handling and avoid any of the all wheel drive models such as the GMC Denali. Otherwise 2003 and later would be a good model choice. I have always had best luck knowing what I'm getting by buying used from an owner rather than a dealer.

eand28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 5.3 that I bought new. It is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. My advice would be to avoid the longer wheel base XL or Suburban due to bus like handling and avoid any of the all wheel drive models such as the GMC Denali. Otherwise 2003 and later would be a good model choice. I have always had best luck knowing what I'm getting by buying used from an owner rather than a dealer.

The lwb suv's don't handle bad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 4WD Tahoe and a 2005 Denali. Love the STD features of the Denali but turning radius with AWD is way worse than my Tahoe but the Denali has some serious get up and go. The Denali gets about 1 MPG less than the Tahoe so not much diff.
I would skip the Z71's - your just going to pay a lot more for the "Z71" part usually.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say go with an 03+ I personally don’t like cluster, some of the interior etc. in the pre 03 trucks, I’ve got an 03 Silverado Z71 & 04 Escalade I love both trucks but prefer the Escalade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC