Which diff to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear factory G80 is trashed so I'm currently looking for a replacement. I've got a 2003 Yukon with the 5.3 and 2wd. Tire size is 305/35r24 and I have a decent amount of weight from my stereo so I'm thinking of going with either 3.90's or 4.11's. It's not a race truck, but anything to help it move would be better. Also, I can't decide which diff to go with. I've narrowed it down to either the YukonGear Duragrip, the Eaton PosiTraction, or the Detroit TrueTrac. Anyone have any experience with any of these please let me know, or if there is a better option!

06LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about the TrueTrac. That's what I've decided to use once I have some $$.

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that's the one I'll end up going with. Just figured I'd see if anyone has experience with the others. I do like how it doesn't use clutches which means it should last longer...

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trueurac is certainly a quality unit based on the Torsen design. There are many vehicles (Subaru, etc) that use Torsen style differentials. I doubt you can wear it out.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marty, are you doing the install?
I'm looking to do the same, but just recieved a quot of $625 plus tax, labor only.
Giving serious consideration of doing it myself.

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've Put Duragrips in my Tahoe and a regular cab. I drove the piss out of both of them and loved that diff both times. I've also put one in a customer's truck. He barely got into the shop because of the mud he had to go to to get in but after the instal he just drove right out of there. I'm sure any of those that you mentioned would be good but if you PM me I'll let you know the best place to buy the duragrip. It'll save you some bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panzerwagen