where do you all buy stuff online?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought a 1996 Tahoe 4door 4wd about 3 months ago. already replaced the climate control switch and inside driver door handle. I laughed so hard reading the thread "you know you have a Tahoe when"

i have been searching for months for parts and just wondered what sites you all know about for parts. i want some black nerf bars and debating on full grille guard or a bull guard.

I want to put some Edelbrocks on it and 265/75/16 Duratracs. it has 245/75-16's but based on GPS the speedo is off and i want the bigger size anyway. I really want to lift it but cant afford a lift and it has autotrac.

also the driver seat leather is ripped in a couple places but based on what i have found i might have to just get that fixed locally.

anyone know any good sites to help with my wishlist.

Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome: I personally do amazon when ever possible but rockauto.com is very good too. For amazon I would take the number and manufacturer of the part I want and search there for it first. For example the starter cost me $130 for acdelco unit and I don't have to pay for or return cores.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Btw the tire you have now is oem for the K10706 model so your speedo error if true would be a electronic problem.

And how did you get an autotrac 4wd on a '96 there were not intro'ed until '98(in which you just get a compatible autotrac driveshaft when lifting)?

Perhaps you meant push button 4x4 shifting?

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the reason i thought i had autotrac is from watching extreme 4x4 and them saying if the drive-shaft didn't bolt to the transfer case it was autotrac mine doesn't bolt on its the slip type.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of people swapping the outputs to bolt ons so the can get an axle with more slip, but never the other way around...

OP
OP
arctic388

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions. it seems like every time i search for parts different sites come up and i just wanted to check here to see if there was any great ones that i didn't know about.

Sekani's 96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know 96procomptahoe already mentioned lmctruck..but if i were you go to there website an order a catalog its free an its a great thing to have they have just about everything in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim2014