Where did you mount your 4-channel/mono amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is very little room under these rear captain chairs for anything, let alone either one of my amps, you guys have any ideas for building something for the rear cargo to clean it up? Right now I have both amps sitting on top of my box , old school style...

Bacovish

Reaction score
Your choices are limited with no bench second row. Is your box bolted down or not so you can move it?

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my 5 channel Kicker IX 1000.5 under captains seat 2nd row and lc6i on under other captains chair 2nd row.

Installing a 6 channel arc audio 1200.6 and audison Bit Ten Dthis week in the same spaces. There's plenty of good options out there with small footprints.

I know other guys went custom to show it off behind 3rd row built into sub box or using space on the side where jack is. Either side works back there.

OP
OP
CM Burns

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! will you post pics when you are done with the install? Thanks

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually had my amp and Dsp processor installed in the center console where the stock Bose sub was. Totally hidden. Last amp/system I ran under each rear captains chairs. Amp and loc.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1000.1 is under my Captain's chair as well. We cut into the cover so it sits flush in the floor. If it wasn't for the blue light it emits when powered on, you would never know it was there. I'll try to take and post pics in the next day or two...

tripsicks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
being that there is such little room under the seats, you really need to take the time to pick the right amp, and unfortunately- spend some money to get one that will fit with the power you need.
I had an Alpine PDX1.1000 under my left rear seat fit with 0 issue, theres quite a few other options as well that will fit, but you will need to be "crafty" when attempting to do so

IMG_8653_zpsqh0fcz9o.jpg

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine installed under my captain seats, they're both Alpine amps, I would personally highly recommend them, I have a PDX-f4 100x4 powering all my door speakers which are alpine type Rs and a MRV-M500-1 powering 2 12 inch JLW3's. it sounds awesome and is out of the way, they also don't get hot, driving from tuscaloosa to huntsville (a 2 and a half hour drive) I jam the whole way home and they're both ice cold when I get out. I posted some pictures of each amp, the seats fold back down just like they aren't there.
MRV-M500
AMP%202_zpsyi16tazk.jpg
PDX-F4
AMP%201_zps9s4o8lk5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trappnastyy