When will we see lift kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on the RC website it says that non of the lifts they have will work on the z71. Did you have any issue with installing it? Or no why they are saying it won’t work on the z71 but will the regular tables?
I had the work done at 4WP and purchased the combo front/rear level. My guy called RC while I was there to be sure he ordered the right kit and all installed great, not issue.

Goggs7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the work done at 4WP and purchased the combo front/rear level. My guy called RC while I was there to be sure he ordered the right kit and all installed great, not issue.
Okay awesome the shop I went to here locally stated it was a liability since the website stated it wouldn’t fit the z71. How tall is your Tahoe the way it is now? I’m wanting to do the same set up but don’t know if it would fit in the garage or not.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Yeah, love it when shops/vendors talk about their new lift offerings but not a word on the actual lift (shocks, coilovers, control arms). Just a rebranded RC lift that I wouldn't take off-road. Good for the mall though.

Yeah, it's unfortunate but a lot of buyers only care about the looks of a lifted truck, not the components. They know their audience. If I've learned one thing in a decade of owning Suburbans and various other body on frame trucks, it's that you get what you pay for when you buy this stuff - cheap shocks are cheap for a reason. Cheap UCAs are weak and tend to come with weak ball joints. Cheap end links have bushings that rot out and crumble quickly, etc.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay awesome the shop I went to here locally stated it was a liability since the website stated it wouldn’t fit the z71. How tall is your Tahoe the way it is now? I’m wanting to do the same set up but don’t know if it would fit in the garage or not.
My garage opening is 81.25”. Fits but very close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e