Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

PB1

Reaction score
You still haven't answered a single question so no one on here can give you any advice.

I actually answered every question, so for anyone confused please read below...

I own a 2001 Tahoe, in 2008 I placed set of rims on the truck from a company called Rimco. The wheels were 20in with tires. Everything else stayed stock on the vehicle. Since purchase I have always noticed a slight vibration in the steering but was told from other owners of rims that was normal.

Fast forward a few years and I had to replace idle arms on the steering bar twice, I assumed it was normal wear and tear so this did not cause any alarm.

Fast forward to this year and the shaking in the steering has gotten progressively worse and cause one tire to wear unevenly. I replaced that tire in Jan still not overly concerned until this past weekend. Now today Firestone mentioned that adding spacers could help with the shaking. My original question was "does anyone have experience with said item"?

The reason I submitted the picture is because I do not remember the name of the rims and need that information for the spacers!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have other issues on there that need addressed that are causing those parts to wear out that fast. If you have felt the vibration since the beginning you could try the hub centric spacers but I have not ever had the need for them so I would point more towards the wheels are bent or possibly not right in another way.

OP
OP
P

PB1

Reaction score
I think you have other issues on there that need addressed that are causing those parts to wear out that fast. If you have felt the vibration since the beginning you could try the hub centric spacers but I have not ever had the need for them so I would point more towards the wheels are bent or possibly not right in another way.

Thanks, what size wheels do you run? Have u had any issues with steering?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have ran 17's, 20's, 22's and a few sets of 24's never a problem

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
couple of things to consider when hunting down a vibration problem:

1) are the wheels road force balanced (not just regular static balancing)
2) are the wheels universal necesittating hub centric rings? if so get them on
3) are all 4 wheels torqued down properly?
4) whats the condition/mileage of the stock suspension?
5) any play in the tie rods/ball joints?
6) any axle grease spitting out?

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bad vibration/shimmy in the steering wheel after installing some used 22's. The shimmy would come and go as I drove. Traced it to a tire that was worn funny from the previous rig. The guy re-balanced it a different way and it took most of the shimmy out. Now I can barely feel it at 65-70mph. After talking to the guy at the tire place, he said there are a lot of tricks to get a large wheel/tire combo to balance correctly. Sounded like he knew what he was doing and whatever he did worked, for the most part.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito

Latest posts