Wheel locks what to buy who has Mcguard or Gorilla which is better

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me out not sure which Size. I’m almost 95 percent convinced with gorilla guard is what I like to purchase not to sure on size and part number . Can someone suggest part number and size please this is for the rst rim 2018 22 inch . What your experience with car locks I plan leaving on the dealer oem lock and installing an additional gorilla lock . Just found out Mcguard suggest leaving on one lock not two because of safety. The wheel lock does not tighten as good as a lug nut.

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Whatever makes you sleep at night, but that’s why you have insurance. I had gorillas on mine, they still took them. When I get a vehicle with gorillas and no key and I have to remove the lug, it will take me the same amount of time as it would if there are no locks. I truly don’t think they’re a deterrent anymore. Thieves (and mechanics) are too good now.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever makes you sleep at night, but that’s why you have insurance. I had gorillas on mine, they still took them. When I get a vehicle with gorillas and no key and I have to remove the lug, it will take me the same amount of time as it would if there are no locks. I truly don’t think they’re a deterrent anymore. Thieves (and mechanics) are too good now.
I heard they can be removed just thought it might take then a few second more so what would suggest . Did they take your stock rim or aftermarket rim . What do they like to steel more after market or stock rims.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I had OEM 22s CK375 they took. But I work in a body shop, we get at least 2 a day that the factory 20 or 22 have been stolen. Houston is a hotbed for it. But really it doesn’t matter. Stock or aftermarket, and in the right place, they’re gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71