What's under your back seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
When you have the 2nd row bench seat there is actually more room under it than you think. I have 35 inch tires with a 5 inch lift kit so the stock jack can not lift the wheels off the ground so I found a place to put a 48 inch farm jack.
I also have custom wheels and use locking lug nuts the best way to get them off is with a 1/2 inch breaker bar and a good socket. So, all of the following things are located under the rear seat and to access them all you have to do is lift the seat.

Farm Jack, bumper jack attachment, Breaker bar and socket, emergency triangles, Flares, 400 watt inverter, Jumper cables, Axe, tie down ratchet straps, shop towels, extra tent pegs for camping, Geology sample bags, hammer and a tow strap. And there is still a little room for more.

20181010_112502.jpg

This is what it all looks like when packed in place with a little bit of thinking you can get it in and everything stays in place.

20181010_112348.jpg

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. What keeps it all from flopping all about as your driving? I have to bungee my tool box to the back of my third row seat just to keep it from rolling around in the way back when there’s nothing else back there. Lol

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
That area is lower like a trough and the foot of the jack keeps stuff from falling out one end and the other has things that don't seem to move around much. I was driving around Rubicon trail and it all stayed in place. My tool kit is in a canvas bag I store it in the left rear compartment where the stock jack was. I like the canvas bag it does less rolling around acts a little like a bean bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons