Whats the latests recommendation for auto ride shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott?

Bilstein?

___ (Other)

2005 Denali lowered, desperately needs shocks... running OEM auto ride...

What does everyone use?

Bypass autoride system, and go with regular Bilsteins?

Buy replacement autoride?

what is everyones thoughts?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to keep my autoride and I'm running with a 3/4 drop so I went with Arnott's complete system (compressor, dryer, front and rear shocks). My rear shocks and compressor were shot and the fronts had 130,000 miles on them. Great system, lifetime warranty but the front bypass resistors kept failing so I cut the factory connectors off and wired in 3.9 ohm 25 watt resistors off EBay. The Arnott shocks I bought are Billstein's. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_4126.jpg
    IMG_4126.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking about that kit, I don't need the compressor, but might as well change it out...

The Arnott's on their website don't say Bilstein like they used to, but I suppose anything is better than the blown shocks I have now!!!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for Arnott

I'd do the compressor anyways since you are fixing everything else. You'd be surprised how quiet a new compressor is ;)

Always loved how your ride looks Vinny-esp the wheels....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking about that kit, I don't need the compressor, but might as well change it out...

The Arnott's on their website don't say Bilstein like they used to, but I suppose anything is better than the blown shocks I have now!!!

That's interesting- I bought mine just a few months ago and the rear at least say Bilstein on them but you're right- their website doesn't mention Bilstein. I also noticed the rear shocks in the kit now come with the AS-2715's. Mine came with the AS-2700's which were Bilsteins. The AS-2700's they sell now don't advertise as Bilsteins. I'm sure they're good though, and you can't beat a lifetime warranty. Just save the copy of the invoice they email you.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! I searched for this wheels for a year... I think I knew I wanted them before I bought the truck!!! They really complete the look...

I am deciding on belltech or the Arnott's... Hard choice...

+1 for Arnott

I'd do the compressor anyways since you are fixing everything else. You'd be surprised how quiet a new compressor is ;)

Always loved how your ride looks Vinny-esp the wheels....

emilime75

Reaction score
Just go OEM, Amazon's prices aren't much higher than the crap Arnott sells.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arnott's has a lifetime warranty. AC Delco's carry a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. :)

Last edited:

emilime75

Reaction score
Right, and I'm sure they'd be happy to replace their crap with more crap.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody has an opinion so do your research I guess.. I've used Arnott products for years on my bikes and have never had any problems; I'm happy with the package I put in my Denali. I can't find much at all in the way of complaints on the internet either. Obviously there will always be the unhappy customer. They sell remanufactured air shocks for the most expensive cars in the world and Im pretty sure if they didnt know what they were doing we'd have all heard about it by now. If they can remanufacture a strut for a $300,000 Maybach I think they can handle one for a GM. I opted for all new stuff myself and I have to say in my case it's quality sh*t in my opinion, especially for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n