What's The General Wait Time From Order To Arrival These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's sort of a loaded question, and there's a lot of variables to consider, but generally speaking if you order a new fully loaded Yukon, what kind of wait are we looking at? In my search for on-hand stock at dealers for the last few months, I inevitably came to the realization that I needed to place an order for my vehicle if I'm ever going to get one for myself. After speaking with a few dozen salespeople during the last few months, I've been getting mixed timelines on when GMC is processing these orders. I've heard anything from 16 weeks to an entire year.

Now I haven't custom ordered a Denali from GMC since 96', so I would imagine the process has changed quite a bit - especially given the state of the market and the supply chain issues everyone has been experiencing. Today I ordered my Yukon AT4 in all black with the AT4 Premium Plus package and several other options, but I'm uncertain if the length of my build time is all dependent on the amount of options I ordered, or there's a general waiting time for every vehicle, regardless of the number factory options added. Granted, if one or more of those optioned materials isn't available, there's an additional wait time until it arrives, or it's retrofitted on a later date... I get that.

So what's your experience on ordering to arrival? ...And how long did it take for you to get your vehicle?

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gotten several different responses. My salesman told us when we first ordered 8-10 weeks and now it is 10-12 weeks. I really do not think they know. We ordered a Tahoe 1/25 and today Chevrolet says it has been accepted but TPW has been issued. I have not heard from out salesman so not sure.

SerialNo1

Reaction score
I know it's sort of a loaded question, and there's a lot of variables to consider, but generally speaking if you order a new fully loaded Yukon, what kind of wait are we looking at? In my search for on-hand stock at dealers for the last few months, I inevitably came to the realization that I needed to place an order for my vehicle if I'm ever going to get one for myself. After speaking with a few dozen salespeople during the last few months, I've been getting mixed timelines on when GMC is processing these orders. I've heard anything from 16 weeks to an entire year.

Now I haven't custom ordered a Denali from GMC since 96', so I would imagine the process has changed quite a bit - especially given the state of the market and the supply chain issues everyone has been experiencing. Today I ordered my Yukon AT4 in all black with the AT4 Premium Plus package and several other options, but I'm uncertain if the length of my build time is all dependent on the amount of options I ordered, or there's a general waiting time for every vehicle, regardless of the number factory options added. Granted, if one or more of those optioned materials isn't available, there's an additional wait time until it arrives, or it's retrofitted on a later date... I get that.

So what's your experience on ordering to arrival? ...And how long did it take for you to get your vehicle?
You will be looking at the end of the year if you ordered it now. The amount of items on constraint for a fully loaded truck is insane. I ordered mine October last year and I'm still waiting for the factory to accept my order and I've already made a couple compromises.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
follow the constraints threads that pop up every thursday, showing the allocations to see how you many of your wish list items is being produced, to get a feel for how lucky your order might be getting accepted.

variables:
- engine choice
- packages you must have
- dealer allocations
- transit time after produced/shipped from Arlington tx

Generally speaking, it's around 12 weeks (again, location destination transit time variable) from TPw acceptance to your dealership.

If you order bare minimum, a dealer can probably get you an allocation within say 2 months, compared to a fully loaded that you are going to be on a waiting list which may be 4-12/mo waiting before getting accepted and a TPW from GM.

Best advise if you dont want to wait, keep your eyes open on the GMC website for new vehicles that are in transit to dealers that might be for stock not pre-orders.

Last edited:

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, it's around 12 weeks (again, location destination transit time variable) from TPw acceptance to your dealership.

If you order bare minimum, a dealer can probably get you an allocation within say 2 months, compared to a fully loaded that you are going to be on a waiting list which may be 4-12/mo waiting before getting accepted and a TPW from GM.

Best advise if you dont want to wait, keep your eyes open on the GMC website for new vehicles that are in transit to dealers that might be for stock not pre-orders.

Great points - my current experience pretty much is on par with all of this.

I’m fortunate that my local dealer gets the most allocations in the area. Every month I’ll see a new slew of Yukons listed on the GMC inventory website heading to their dealership (usually sold, tho). That’s the tricky part - if you live in a place where the dealership gets 1 allocation per month you’re kinda hosed. You just might get lucky - my dealer has 4 Denalis show up last Thursday. All the same, too: Denali, diesel, Premium Package with Premium Capability Package, and NONE were sold. I called my salesman yesterday (Monday) and all four were gone so you need to be ultra quick If you see something. (I didn’t care because none were in the color I wanted)

Here’s my experience:

Check the GMC inventory page daily, morning and night. There is no rhyme or reason as to when vehicles show up. One Thursday morning I found four unsold Yukons on the way to my dealership. A few weeks earlier I found a single unsold Yukon heading to the dealership on Sunday night.

I did a ton of research and called several dealerships in the area (including out of state); no one but my dealership has any kind of decent allocation. FWIW, I called the Robideaux folks in Idaho, the folks offering $300 over invoice. As I noted in another thread, it’s still true - they offer great pricing, but they said they get TWO allocations per month and there’s 150+ people in front of me so wait times were 12 months+.

Bottom line: if you want a rig, you’re going to have to do a lot of legwork (calling, emailing, surfing the inventory website). And on top of that, the constraints thing sucks.

I finally bit the bullet and will have my salesman put in my order on Thursday: Denali diesel with Premium Package. That’s it. He said that the order looks fine, nothing’s on constraint, but we’ll see on Thursday. Yes, some things will be missing and retrofitted later or fully credited: front/rear parking assist, sliding console, etc. In theory, as @BrokerThis noted, it’s 12 weeks out which isn’t bad at this point.

Forcing function: I promised the family last year we’d take a road trip this summer from Portland to Mount Rushmore on the “northern” route, then come back on the “southern” route through Yellowstone. Hope we can do it in the new diesel rig and not my wife’s Honda Fit …

Last edited:

rpearlberg

Reaction score
I ordered on 11/30 and my salesman told me 10-12 weeks. I picked it up on Saturday, 2/19. So just over 11 weeks.

AUTiger13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Called dealers in both Dallas and Houston. Largest in Dallas told me 4-6 months w/o rear seat entertainment (1yr for RSE). Dealer I went with in Houston also told me 4-6 months but some have been getting in sooner (again w/o RSE). I went and looked at another Houston dealer and the salesperson told me 8-10 weeks. I think they were trying to get me to place my order with them and said what I wanted to hear. Long story short, I’m expecting 4-6 months on my Yukon XL Reserve. They aren’t even offering RSE at this time.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine last Friday. Dealer told me it could be anywhere between a month, and 8 months, depends on parts.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order went in on 12/5, I picked it up on 2/11.
That said, I comitted to the order with the dealer on 11/6, but was 4th in line for allocations.
So, was a one month wait for my turn in line, then 10 weeks to build and deliver.
Incidentally, the vehicle was showing in transit about the 2nd week of Jan, and took about 4 weeks to get from Arlington to my dealer here in Minnesota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts