What's The General Wait Time From Order To Arrival These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCUCREW08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my order in at GM since December 3rd... Still not accepted... Essentially ordered the "reserve" but did so before that was an option so ordered the "prefered group" and added in suspension and max tow. No clue if it'll ever get built or if i'll be rolled over to a '23.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered from high-volume dealer on 03/02 - Denali with Reserve package + diesel. Dealer advised may have some movement in 2 months and could take 6-9 months.
Does this sound on track and would they push it it to a 2023 model automatically after a certain date?

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@RichM Yes the wait time on diesels is accurate. I have had 2 denali with it optioned out to be exactly like the reserve package since August. One Is a high volume dealer, and the other is not. Still waiting for allocations.

Did your dealer mention how far down the list you are in line for a reserve/diesel? GM only seems to be allocating around 30-40 diesels for an ENTIRE weeks production run currently due to supposed supply chain issues.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@RichM Yes the wait time on diesels is accurate. I have had 2 denali with it optioned out to be exactly like the reserve package since August. One Is a high volume dealer, and the other is not. Still waiting for allocations.

Did your dealer mention how far down the list you are in line for a reserve/diesel? GM only seems to be allocating around 30-40 diesels for an ENTIRE weeks production run currently due to supposed supply chain issues.
@BrokerThis thanks for the information. I didn’t ask the questions you’ve raised but will do so. Best to be in line and wait patiently. Looks like it could be a 2023 when delivered. Thanks again.

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to take a chance with my order, so I'm going to pull out as soon as I finalize the purchase of one of the AT4's I've been following for a few months. I know of two Yukon AT4's that are available, and on the dealer's lot right now. Both have 70% of the options I want, and one of them is one of my back up color choices. So instead of waiting 6 to 8 months for my current order to be accepted and built, I'd rather get a sure thing. At least I can honestly say that I'd be satisfied with either of those, and not have buyers remorse on what "could of" been.

Elise201424

Reaction score
GMC will stop taking orders in April for the 2022. The factory will have two months (May & June) to finish the orders with a TPW and switch over to the 2023 line. From what I have noticed gmc does waves of production. For example last week a lot of dealers had SLT but hardly anyone had Denali and around 50 diesels for the week.
Advanced technology package will be 0% until April but no date. So if your getting your order pushed for this year there is a good chance you have to remove that feature. I didn’t make 2021 and doesn’t look like I will make 2023 either. I have been first in line at my dealership but fully loaded diesel is like ordering a unicorn.
Oh well my car still works so I keep waiting

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last summer a dealer found me a Yukon Xl that had just been built just waiting for invoice. I waited for 2 months while this unit was stuck in Arlington, meanwhile I kept checking the GMC inventory for anything else available coming to my area. Finally I found a similar Yukon in transit coming to a different dealer near me, After calling on it I found out that it was not spoken for and was at the railyard in town. 2 days later it arrived at the dealer, then I got a call that the first Yukon had arrived at the first dealer. Both trucks were the same except one had a sunroof and stock rims and the other had no sunroof and black 22 rims. I chose the second truck and I'm sure the other one got picked up immediately by the next guy in line. Both Yukons may have been held up at the same time for microchips/part issues.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered from high-volume dealer on 03/02 - Denali with Reserve package + diesel. Dealer advised may have some movement in 2 months and could take 6-9 months.
Does this sound on track and would they push it it to a 2023 model automatically after a certain date?
If they're building the vehicle for you then I assume the model year is basically just determined by when it's actually completed, right? If it takes until next January to roll off the line then I don't see how they could call it a '22.

I've been planning on ordering a 2022 Suburban but keep putting it off--sounds like I really need to hightail it to a dealership and get a deposit put down if I want to see it at any point in the somewhat near future.

costelnock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im on month 5 from a pretty large dealer. Yukon XL SLT. Was told last week I had 5 more months wait if I didn't take more options off so I did. I thought the 3-month wait sucked when I preordered a C7 corvette back in 2013 but this hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne