What's The General Wait Time From Order To Arrival These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was 6 weeks order to delivery at msrp. Pick the largest volume dealer in your state because they have more allocations. Make sure whatever you order doesn't have constraints.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@ProfeZZor X also, keep in mind, just cause you have an order number from the dealer, doesn't mean it's being accepted by GM yet. There are many threads that show the process along with event codes that will be used during the process.

GasTiresnOil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Placed the order for a Yukon on December 14. Still waiting for acceptance from GM as of today.

dcyy

Reaction score
Placed the order for a Yukon on December 14. Still waiting for acceptance from GM as of today.

After reading all these posts about constraints and build times I have to consider myself lucky. Got a dealer allocation and placed order for my Denali second week of Dec. TPW was pushed from 3rd wk. of Jan. to 2nd week of Feb. It's now in transit from TX. to Lordstown,Oh. DD is still unknown.Dealer called Fri. with details of build sheet-other than front/rear park assist(retrofit later)and SF2 wheels backordered,the sliding console is there. So I assume another 2-3 weeks? Ordering a 23 is supposed to start the end of May but if constraints and option availability (slider) among others are still in place what is GM going to do? PS-GM chat is no help

Rosco003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it's sort of a loaded question, and there's a lot of variables to consider, but generally speaking if you order a new fully loaded Yukon, what kind of wait are we looking at? In my search for on-hand stock at dealers for the last few months, I inevitably came to the realization that I needed to place an order for my vehicle if I'm ever going to get one for myself. After speaking with a few dozen salespeople during the last few months, I've been getting mixed timelines on when GMC is processing these orders. I've heard anything from 16 weeks to an entire year.

Now I haven't custom ordered a Denali from GMC since 96', so I would imagine the process has changed quite a bit - especially given the state of the market and the supply chain issues everyone has been experiencing. Today I ordered my Yukon AT4 in all black with the AT4 Premium Plus package and several other options, but I'm uncertain if the length of my build time is all dependent on the amount of options I ordered, or there's a general waiting time for every vehicle, regardless of the number factory options added. Granted, if one or more of those optioned materials isn't available, there's an additional wait time until it arrives, or it's retrofitted on a later date... I get that.

So what's your experience on ordering to arrival? ...And how long did it take for you to get your vehicle?

GasTiresnOil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just canceled my order. GM is taking zero orders for Denalis with the premium or max tow packages. Second row captains chairs were an issue too. Just going to keep what I have. Disappointed.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only suggestion would be consider putting your order in in late summer, right before the switch to 2023 models...its a tough deal out there right now...I am in a different industry, but supply chains are just as bad for us...I guarantee GM is not intentionally constraining these things, trust me, they would prefer to be able to build every order. Hard to make things when you don't have parts.

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was built 1/21/22 and shipped 2/3/22. As of 2/22 the vehicle was bayed in CA. Not sure if there has been any movement since then (waiting for an update) but we are also in HI so that does not help the shipping process timeline. Not sure when they ordered it. My original order (same model, just in diesel with RES and different color) was submitted 10/11/21 and to this day has not been accepted.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh