What's the difference between Arnott Z55 shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear air suspension is dead and the bags on my shocks are blown. I'm figuring I'll need at least shocks, and probable a compressor too. Looking at the various Arnott shock options around leaves me with a few questions - mainly what is the difference between the Arnott AS2715, AS2700, and AS3430? I'm not sure what I'm getting or not getting between these three. On the NapaOnline.com site, they all say the following:
  • Important Information: Includes Solenoids To Bypass Electronic Ride;w/o MagneRide Suspension;w/ Autoride Suspension
The 2715 is $175 and the others are almost $100 more

AS2715:
1624044825415.png

AS2700:
1624044933135.png

AS3430:
1624045004932.png

Thanks in advance

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop for them on SummitRacing... MUCH CHEAPER

Also order a Dorman part for the compressor. Same price, but from all the reading I have done, much more reliable.

For your truck...

AS-2708 is a rebuild of a factory shock, and will retain the Z55 suspension completely.

AS-2715 is a new shock, that will put in a resistor to make the computer think the Z55 suspension is working, when it is no longer present. Still is air ride.

AS-3430 is the same as the AS-2715 is performance. Fools the Z55 suspension. Still is air ride. Not sure what the difference inbetween the 2715 and the 3430 is.

Reaction score
RockAuto has the AS-2708 for $151
Plus they are a supporting sponsor here and have a 5% discount code listed in that section of the forum

OP
OP
willinnashville

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are all three air suspension, what is the resistor for? I'm not sure what is being bypassed...

I will check out summit racing and rock auto once I figure out which to buy.

I have read about the dormant compressor over the arnott too, so that is in my plans if I need a compressor

Reaction score
The Z55 is an electronic adjustable suspension on all 4 shocks/struts and also air leveled in the rear. The resistors are to spoof the computer into thinking the shock is still electronic when it isn't so it doesn't throw a light on the dash.

The AS-2708 doesn't come with a plug in resistor because it's still electronic adjustable and the factory wiring connector plugs into it.

OP
OP
willinnashville

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learn something new everyday, I guess.... I thought what was adjusted was the ride height in the rear for load leveling. Is something other than that being adjusted?

Thanks @gooffeyguy

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Z55 suspension has two separate components - air in the rear, and electric on all 4 shocks. The air is used for auto-leveling of the truck. The electric is used for automatically adjusting the stiffness of each shock as a stabilizing action, while the truck is in motion, and it comes into play mostly when cornering or other times when the center of gravity of the truck shifts while in motion.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the AS2700 on my 02 Denali but I bought them back when Bilstein made them for Arnott, they even have the blue Bilstein stickers on them. I think Arnott makes them now. I’m lowered 2/4 and shortened my ride height sensor rods so the auto level still works but doesn’t raise the rear up too much. The truck never had functioning Z55 factory shocks, they were blown out when I bought it so I don’t know how well the electronic damping works but I feel that with the heavy DJM sway bars and end links I installed along with the lowering, it corners real good. I like the setup because I can still tow and it keeps the height in the rear the same. I recently put over 3/4 ton of old bricks in the back and hauled them to recycling and jt didn’t even squat after I started the engine and the truck did it’s leveling thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons