What's the best year to buy? and other questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tracerprix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I tried searching, but no luck

I am new here. I am looking to purchase a 2000-2006 Yukon, I love the look of the Denali's, but I'm not sure if I like the 6.0L or especially the AWD.

I am thinking I would like the 2003+ because of a few reasons. I like the newer steering wheel controls, the newer radio, the newer trip computer, the newer dual auto climate controls etc. I am sure there are other options I like, but that's just the few I noticed in my research. I am thinking I would like the 5.3L the best, but who knows. Please give me some input. I am looking to replace my 2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2.

Thanks,

Mike

oomindwarpoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get a 05 or 06, I bought a 05 used 2 years ago with 34k miles on it in mint condition for $20,099. No regrets/problems yet. The 6.0 is gonna suck gas either way.. I get 17 city/hwy avg mpg thru the tank.. I can get above 20 on the hwy normally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tracerprix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Yeah my Blazer ZR2 gets like 12 around town. Anything would be better than that! WOW that's an awesome price you pad for yours.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I would say you get an 04-06 Tahoe if you dot want the 07 Up, so atleast you can say you have the later productions of that platform and better looks over the Pre-03 like you mentioned.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Denali - 2002 just for the tcase, otherwise buy an 03+ for the interior. I like my true awd, heated seats front and back, engine bay light, courtesy lighting, as well as the cabin air filters on the pre-03 trucks. 02's are pretty cheap now if you want a denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo