What's the best GLASS CLEANER?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I simply can't get my windows streak-free. What's the best glass cleaner (and method) you guys are using? Either Windex has gone to hell, or it was never good to begin with, but man, I can't get a streak-free, clean window on any of my vehicles.

Thanks!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never use windex on a car. I have used all types of automotive glass cleaners which all work good. I found using microfiber towels help with streaking.

Coolhandmike

Reaction score
I use Windex in between washes and Rain-X when I pull all the cleaners out. I spray the glass cleaner on a microfiber towel (holding away from the car) and then rub it on. It'll more than like create a streaky surface. Then I immediately take dry crumpled newspaper and rub the streaks away. The newspaper is abrasive so it gets rid of the streaks. Try to do it out of the sun if possible.

photoryan

Reaction score
I never use windex on a car. I have used all types of automotive glass cleaners which all work good. I found using microfiber towels help with streaking.

+1 on microfiber towels. Just get some with a real fine pile (very small loops). I've never had an issue with streaks when using those with auto glass cleaners.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW never use windex on tinted windows

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW never use windex on tinted windows

x2!! In fact I usually just use soap and water on my tinted windows. Windex will destroy the tint over time. I take a bucket of soapy water and terry clothes and wash the tinted windows. Obviously you do not want the cloth to be dripping wet when you do this, though :D

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any cleaner without ammonia is ok to use on tint

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On plain glass yes but I wouldn't use on film tint

Forum statistics

Threads