What's the best adhesive to repair a broken grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryfly

Reaction score
I have a few broken slats, along with a few cracks at some of the fastening points, on the black plastic of my 99 Yukon SLT grille? Do any of you have a recommendation as to the best material to use to weld or epoxy the pieces back into place and have them be relatively strong? I'd really like to avoid replacing the grille and have to deal with painting and getting a close color match. Also, I'd like to keep the original look, or at least, start eliminating chrome in the future, so a billet overlay is not what I'm looking for. Also, if anyone has another idea as how to resolve the probel I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Dryfly

Dryfly

Reaction score
Thanks

Hour expxy

Thank for the tip.

After thinking about it some more, I decided to try welding it from the back with a soldering iron. I didn't have any 60 minute epoxy, but I did have a soldering iron. It seems to have worked out well. We'll see if it holds after a few trips down some dirt roads.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for all that time and effort I would have just bought a new grill, $35 for a new grill is a better way to spend my time, just my opinion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Low Beam