What's Everyone's Favorite Tire Choice for their Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I’m thinking more towards the defenders now, just wondering what size to go.
Start with the OEM size as the benchmark, and consider options from there.

I'm certain that you could go one increment lower and and one increment wider without rubbing.

Others on this Forum will chime in with their thoughts regarding if you can go higher without rubbing.

VAguy68

Reaction score
Another vote for the Michelin Defenders. I put them on my Z71 and they don't look as "off roady" as other A/T's but they are dang quiet, killer in the rain, last 60K + miles, and are decent in the snow. I've put them on every truck/SUV I've had in the last 10 years

K Whitman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another vote for the Michelin Defenders. I put them on my Z71 and they don't look as "off roady" as other A/T's but they are dang quiet, killer in the rain, last 60K + miles, and are decent in the snow. I've put them on every truck/SUV I've had in the last 10 years
I TOTALLY AGREE!! They are great tires, great cornering, wet weather and smooth riding without noise!!

SherylInKS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, New here and new Tahoe owner, but looking for some advice.

Recently purchased a 2018 Tahoe Midnight Edition, which comes with some very aggressive Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires. While I will admit that they look baller, I can't stand the road noise from the insane tread. This truck may never see a dirt road in it's life, but I do live in Michigan and do drive in the snow a decent amount.... So I am debating doing new tires now or waiting on these a bit longer, maybe get used to the sound and squeeze a few more miles out of the current rubber as it is not ready to replace going by tread alone.

Curious what other Midnight owners think about the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's that they had, and what folks have used for a decent all-terrain tire that isn't noisy.

Thank you everyone for their input.
I do the 265/70r17 in the Cooper Discoverer ATP tires. LOVE THEM!

OP
OP
zielkejo

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I TOTALLY AGREE!! They are great tires, great cornering, wet weather and smooth riding without noise!!
Got my set ordered and getting them put on tomorrow! A friends dad pointed out to me, when the space ship lands back on earth, the first thing to make contact with the ground is a set of Michelins …. !

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need offroad or winter traction the comparison between BF KO2's and the Defenders isn't a real comparison. The KO2's are significantly better, even the ratings are significantly different (3 peak isn't on the defender).

I've also owned the defenders as well as duratrac's, wildpeak at3w's, Pirelli scorpions, etc.

Wife's new Denali XL got a set of the KO2's when it arrived, they are amazing in snow / ice (wildpeak's are similarly good). My daily (1/2 ton pickup) got 80k out of the KO2's that were on it.

I'm in Fargo ND, we get a pile of snow/ice.

wilcfr

Reaction score
Nitto Terra Grapplers and NTG 2's. I've had both of them on two different vehicles and loved them. Great off road, in snow and rain and not loud on the highway. I've got 40K on my Express Van's NTG2 and they still have a lot of tread left. The original NTG were great on my 2004 Z71.

Randy2876

Reaction score
Hi everyone, New here and new Tahoe owner, but looking for some advice.

Recently purchased a 2018 Tahoe Midnight Edition, which comes with some very aggressive Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires. While I will admit that they look baller, I can't stand the road noise from the insane tread. This truck may never see a dirt road in it's life, but I do live in Michigan and do drive in the snow a decent amount.... So I am debating doing new tires now or waiting on these a bit longer, maybe get used to the sound and squeeze a few more miles out of the current rubber as it is not ready to replace going by tread alone.

Curious what other Midnight owners think about the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's that they had, and what folks have used for a decent all-terrain tire that isn't noisy.

Thank you everyone for their input.
I'm sure everyone has their favorite, so I'll add mine. I just bought a set of BF Goodrich Trail-Terrain T/A's and I love them.

Gmc1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BFG KO2 if there any chance you might end up off road or construction site. Michelin M/S for every normal scenario.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14